06 lucerne vibration /clunking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me with some vibration issues, clunking and rattling issues with the car...I was told there are a few tsb on it....drive shaft, struts, etc...but not sure how to access them or proper way to handle it with dealer..thanks
TSB 060235009E this is one I found, if anyone knows of any others please respond

Can we forget about a TSB to start and just have you describe as specifically as possible, your symptoms/observations? (I have 2006 Lucerne)

two things are going on

1. when I turn my steering wheel at low speeds I get a clunk/bump noise feeling and the steering colomn squeaks/rubs.

2. when driving slow over rough streets I get a good deal of vibration/rattle , almost rough, and when driving at highway speeds , the vibration is almost constant

3. incidentally my liner is coming down in the rear and no one has ever sat in the back seat..i think its from all the vibration

Impossible to diagnose noises and vibrations by just posting. Have someone take a look at it. You can easily check motor mounts by goosing the gas in gear with your foot on the brake.

First, the headliner delaminating has nothing to do with this. That could be do to the car being outside in the sun all its life, or just the glue/foam deteriorated.

Whatever you have going on, it sounds pretty substantial, and that something is just generally loose, so I also would check/replace motor mounts first and then see if you can isolate any remaining noise.

you have several things going on. the lucerne is a really nice car so I know it's got to be frustrating. you need to have it inspected and driven by a pro at this point.

Take the car to a Frame & Wheel shop for an inspection. Do NOT take it to a tire shop.

Have them check the motor mounts, upper strut bearing plates, lower control arm bushings, ball joints, steering rack, outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, front hub assemblies, and CV axles.

1. Steering shaft failure is common among GM cars from that time.
2. Check all suspension parts by raising the car and pushing and pulling against the wheels. If anything has play in it, it needs to be replaced. Get a prybar and pry against all suspension bushings. If it is difficult to move a bushing more than 1/4 inch, it is good. If not, it needs replacement. Replace your sway bar links. They are usually the first suspension to fail on any type of car.
3. That is probably due to age. Many cars have interior pieces falling apart after 9 years of driving. It is even worse if your car is never parked in the shade.

here is the skinny..

Took car to shop that specializes in suspensions..

Replaced two rear shocks and shock mounts, rotated tires, re balanced tires, new rear rotors and brakes, now it's back to normal...500 bucks for everything..

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
Took car to shop that specializes in suspensions..

Finally, somebody listens to what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back