Pest. Exterior wall. Remove cement siding or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove cabinets?

We live in a townhouse and a critter gained entry to the exterior wall via HVAC line that exits the house near ground level. The interior area is our kitchen and there's a smell coming from the corner cabinets on this exterior wall.

I'm thinking that the insulation in this area needs to be replaced so what side of the wall do you recommend we attack this problem? The kitchen side has some cabinets and counter tops. The exterior is cement siding.

TIA

Last edited:
Is it a condo-style townhouse, and if so, where does your ownership begin? When I lived in a TH, the HOA declaration said that I owned the house from the drywall, in, so in this case, unless the pest got inside the unit, it would be the HOA's responsibility to remove it.

YMMV, of course.

I'd call the HOA and then my insurance company before did any DIY demolition critter removal. You don't want to turn a problem into a bigger problem.

Originally Posted By: opus1
Is it a condo-style townhouse, and if so, where does your ownership begin? When I lived in a TH, the HOA declaration said that I owned the house from the drywall, in, so in this case, unless the pest got inside the unit, it would be the HOA's responsibility to remove it.

YMMV, of course.

We 'own' everything inside the exterior siding.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I'd call the HOA and then my insurance company before did any DIY demolition critter removal. You don't want to turn a problem into a bigger problem.

HOA said it's our problem and we can remove exterior walls or whatever.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
The smell will go away in a few weeks. Just saying...

I thought so too but it has been months.

In time it will slowly dissipate as the "critter" dehydrates. Of course, Atlanta is rather humid I've heard, so it might take a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back