Canadian Tire Motormaster oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use their oil all the time. Excellent results with 10,000 oil changes. Make by Shell. Their 0W20 synthetic is made someone else, I forget who.

I am too but I've got a close friend that runs their 5w30 in his Silverado. It uses no oil and runs great. 300,000 kms on a 4.8. He uses their oil filters too. He dumps the oil every 5000 kms.

I'm a firm believer in synthetic but he has wicked luck off Can Tire oil.

Have their Synthetic in the sump now, seems ok, dirt cheap on Boxing Day only though. Otherwise, grab PUP on sale. It is made by Shell for everything except 0W20 which is XOM.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I don't know about you guys but I am very weary of any product that bears the "Motomaster" name.

I agree somewhat with this statement. I bought some Motomaster conventional a few months back because it was on sale.

I searched online to see if it was API certified. Although the logo is on the bottles, there was nothing I could find that confirmed it was indeed API on engineoil.api.org

I returned it for a refund.

I used both motomaster supreme and motomaster formula with no issuses whats so ever.I drained out the supreme and it was still clean.I will continue to use this oil again if its on sale and yup..made by shell

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I think Shell can make an oil that meets API requirements.

I agree, but if an API logo is going to be printed on the label, the certification should be something that can be confirmed.

It's hard to tell where it would be in the API directory, particularly since CT plays around with their names periodically. And, one never knows how this stuff is entered. Look how the dexos1 list shows the different distributor names for Castrol between Canada and elsewhere.

Can't find O'reilly's store brand oil on the API list either. I'm sure these retailers are not going to label these products as meeting API standards unless their supplier guarantees the products as such. It would not be in Shell's best interest to supply an inferior product. It's still a good question.

Bought a pile of 5w-20 jugs a year & a half ago for the Gr. Caravan. Works very well as far as can be determined w/o a UOA. The price at the time was ridiculously low. Twelve or fourteen dollars a jug, I think...

John.

The biggest problem isn't the oil, it's Canadian Tire's pricing. Even their cheapest house brand on special gets beaten by Walmart's best rollbacks on name brands, let alone the odd occasion that TuneIt/SuperTech goes down to $6 a gallon.

If I want Formula Shell oil, I'll get it straight from Shell. I don't need Canadian Tire's involvement whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: Garak
The biggest problem isn't the oil, it's Canadian Tire's pricing. Even their cheapest house brand on special gets beaten by Walmart's best rollbacks on name brands, let alone the odd occasion that TuneIt/SuperTech goes down to $6 a gallon.

If I want Formula Shell oil, I'll get it straight from Shell. I don't need Canadian Tire's involvement whatsoever.

Is there a minimum amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back