I need a HOT Buffalo Wing recipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I can use some help. I've got a wonderful female companion of 8 great years. She enjoys really hot, spicy food on occasion. I've tried to make her some Buffalo Wings that satisfy her need for heat....all have so far failed. I've even used Habanero hot sauce!
Can anybody give me a recipe?...(as long as it's not involving a deep fat fryer...I don't have one) that will taste good and BLAST her tongue out of her mouth????

Get a higher Scoville rated Habanero Sauce & marinate them for at least 24 hours.

Peel back the skin & let the heat soak into the meat; that'll do it.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

How does one make wings without frying them?

Dude..... You can Bake 'em or use a NuWave Oven!!!

Find a Trinidad Scorpion Powder add to any sauce you want probably end up killing her.

Baked wings sound horrible. Some canola oil in a large pot on the stove will allow you to achieve maximum crispiness.

Whenever I make wings, I brine them for about 30min., dry thoroughly, spray with a bit of oil, then sprinkle with dry rub, which I make myself. If you don't have a favorite, then try Don Prudhomme's blackened cajun seasoning. Then they go on the grill, smoked with pecan wood.

For sauce I use this:

4 Tbl. butter
1/2 cup Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 Tbl hot sauce (Habanero, cayenne, ghost, etc.)
1 Tbl dark brown sugar
2 tsp cider vinegar or plain white.

Melt butter over low heat, then add the rest. Simmer for a few minutes, then taste. If you want it hotter, then add a Tblspn more of your hot sauce. OR use Srichica 1 Tblspn at a time to increase the heat & depth.

Want more heat? Add 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder while simmering.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I've tried to make her some Buffalo Wings that satisfy her need for heat....all have so far failed. I've even used Habanero hot sauce!

Try a wasabi dip!

Baked wings sound horrible. Some canola oil in a large pot on the stove will allow you to achieve maximum crispiness.

I bake them first, after dipping them in hot sauce...and sprinkle with dried cayenne, for about an hour at 350 degrees. Then I broil them on each side for about ten minutes to crisp them up. Next, I dip them (while hot) again in the hot sauce. I'll let them rest for a while.
For me they are PLENTY spicy. But my lady hails from Mexico.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: andrewg
I've tried to make her some Buffalo Wings that satisfy her need for heat....all have so far failed. I've even used Habanero hot sauce!

Try a wasabi dip!

Hmmm....never thought of that.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Whenever I make wings, I brine them for about 30min., dry thoroughly, spray with a bit of oil, then sprinkle with dry rub, which I make myself. If you don't have a favorite, then try Don Prudhomme's blackened cajun seasoning. Then they go on the grill, smoked with pecan wood.

For sauce I use this:

4 Tbl. butter
1/2 cup Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 Tbl hot sauce (Habanero, cayenne, ghost, etc.)
1 Tbl dark brown sugar
2 tsp cider vinegar or plain white.

Melt butter over low heat, then add the rest. Simmer for a few minutes, then taste. If you want it hotter, then add a Tblspn more of your hot sauce. OR use Srichica 1 Tblspn at a time to increase the heat & depth.

Want more heat? Add 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder while simmering.

Very interesting...thanks. I'll need to try this method. She can't eat sugars or have many carbs...so I'll leave out the brown sugar.

Last edited:
I don't do hot anymore, but when I did I'd grill the wings then place them in a bowl and shake/stir them in A Lot of the sauce to get a good coating.
If you wanted you can put them back on the cool side of the grill to thicken the sauce on them.

Also, the Internet is your friend. Sauces from all over can be ordered. This is an adventure in the making!

Follow a good recipe and add some ghost peppers to increase the heat. Or scorpion peppers..id advise gloves and goggles when handling...

Last edited:
Go to Walmart and get a $29.97 fryer first. Wings need to be fried. Add some ghost peppers if you really need some heat.

You can get crispy wings on the grill or in the oven. It is a little harder than dropping them in oil. I cook them all three ways.

My sauce is super simple. Butter and good ol Crystal's. If you want silly hot wings just pick up one of the gimmick sauces like Dave's Insanity and add it in.

You do not need a dedicated deep fryer to fry a wing heavy pan or pot and some oil with a thermometer is all you need to make great wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back