2001 GMC Z71 EX Cab Shocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've now got 210,000 miles on my 2001GMC. I'm going to replace the shocks. Looking for something for the smoothest ride. What do you guys recommend? I been looking at these Rancho shocks on eBay. I really don't know anything about shocks. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rancho-2-Front-2-Rear-Shock-Absorbers-for-Silverado-Sierra-1500-2WD-4WD-/141713609889?fits=Year%3A2001|Make%3AGMC|Model%3ASierra+1500&hash=item20feca14a1&vxp=mtr

Then those are probably the correct shocks
thumbsup2.gif

Ok when I search for Bilstein HD it comes up as the truck being a HD. My truck is not a HD unless those fit my truck also.

The Bilstein 4600 series are considered 'HD' on any light truck or SUV. The 4600 is the standard yellow/light blue shock.

The Bilstein 5100 series is the same internally as the 4600, just different paint, different boots, and usually different lengths. Same internally, so the ride would be the same. They're for 'off-road' applications since they are made for lifted applications and the different style boots are better for off road.

'Bilstein HD' for your truck means any of the Bilstein shocks listed for your truck.

EDIT: I like the descriptions on http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/produ...-Truck-and-SUVs

Last edited:
Iirc the hd shocks are 5/8" longer than the regular duty pieces. The hd trucks were a bit higher in the front I think.
If too long you could raise the front by cranking the bolt on the torsion bar. Lift the truck first or it's not gonna move.

I guess I'm going to try to order some Bilsteins before the days over unless someone convinces me otherwise. Local guy here told me about the Rancho but I never herd of them or the Bilsteins.

Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Looking for something for the smoothest ride.

They make an excellent product, but Bilstein would not be the appropriate product to meet your stated goal.

GM original equipment. Tenneco monotubes, with valving specifically set-up for the Z71 chassis package.

Front - ACDelco 540160
Rear - ACDelco 540162

If you want to save some money, don't purchase yet:

B56Ywh3.png

The rear shocks are also towards their highest price:

LdQwKQf.png

Give it a few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back