how long to run mobil one extended performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
this probably a heated discussion but i feel 15000 is way to long whats a decent mileage to go with ?
\\thx

Last edited by a moderator:
How about 10k miles then. You can always put the used oil in the lawn mower and use it for a season or two.

Last edited:
Without knowing vehicle and use pattern, any suggestion is a super WAG.

15K isn't a problem if someone gets on the highway and drives 300 miles/day.

Originally Posted By: wantboost
this probably a heated discussion but i fell 15000 is way to long whats a decent mileage to go with ?
\\thx

How about some background information.

Super useless post without any kind of information == super useless answers.

city driving during the week . highway on weekend . burns one litre every 4200m . 4200miles takes me 3 months to accumulate

It also depends on the size of your sump, the make and model, turbo or not, dusty environment, etc.

In general, it usually works to say: Change once a year if using an EP oil (M1 EP or Castrol Edge EP gold jug), and 6 months on other oils. Almost always right advice. Shorten it by one month if dusty (desert) driving or dirt roads more often than once a week, or high revving track conditions or hard driving. Very short tripping go with 3 months.

Too little info. See the sticky at the top of this forum section by doodfood on what goes into this sort of determination.

Tell us about your vehicle.. Year, Model

How far city driving each day? Is it short trips?
How far on the weekend? DI, or Turbo/Eco engine?
Is it still in warranty? If so, follow owners manual
If it's your daily driver, are you hard are on the vehicle (Higher RPM's)

this probably a heated discussion but i fell 15000 is way to long whats a decent mileage to go with ?
\\thx

then play it safe man. Every 3 mos. or 3,000 miles.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Rand
\\thx

How about some background information.

Super useless post without any kind of information == super useless answers.

Exactly. Feel based upon what?!?

A uoa would at least shed insight based upon viscosity, fuel dilution, etc.

Based on the (incomplete) information provided, I think 15k miles is ok. The top up will help with boosting the additives.

Just describe your city driving a little more - distance traveled and time taken.

And I presume the EP meets the specs for your vehicle.

Is M1 EP capable of going to 15K? Yes, of course. Will it do that in your application? Without an UOA, you are merely guessing.

this probably a heated discussion but i feel 15000 is way to long whats a decent mileage to go with ?
\\thx

I do think that 15,000 miles is WAY TOO LONG for a single quart of Mobil 1 EP in your Ninja 250.

However, if you are asking whether your Honda Accord can go 15,000 on M1 EP, the answer is probably yes. However, I would prefer to see 10,000 mile OCI's.

My Jaguar 2.5L X-Type does wonderfully at 10,000 mile OCI's on Mobil 1, 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck oil. My wear metals are very low, and the car now has 150,000 miles on it. That's as good as can be expected from the rest of that car. Engine is still perfectly clean inside!

Originally Posted By: zach1900
You "fell" off of?
i meant *feel ....
sorry using a cell i apologize for the typo

Last edited:

If you don't trust the oil company's guarantee, you shouldn't be trusting us as a higher standard.
wink.gif
Get a UOA, as has already been stated.

oil looks pretty dirty after 4500 i dunno how people keep itin for 15000

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back