highmileage oil or LUCAS to help with seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i might have a pcv problem im assuming helping seals now might help since ive changed pcv valve. any im looking for an answer more so on if anything will help with the seals . lucas additive or highmileage oil>? i only have 45000

If high mileage oil does not help then you'll have to fix the problem or move on to your next vehicle. Forget the Lucas additives.

Are your seals leaking? What problem do you have?

I say change PCV then observe oil level.

Change one variable at a time.

Don't fix things that aren't broken

The worst thing you can do to your engine and wallet is anything with LUCAS name on it.

You can't pay me any amount to use any LUCAS thingy.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The worst thing you can do to your engine and wallet is anything with LUCAS name on it.

OK well their AT anti slip additive cured my small second gear slip in my Honda. They sponsor motorsports too which is a plus to me.

I wouldn't even leave women or children alone with Lucas around...

In an engine the last think you want is to have thick tacky oil when you need oil to be flowing through the tight tolerances at the bearings. I highly believe in Lucas for gear boxes, but not in an engine. I'd definitely go with the high mileage oil in your situation.

Lucas is going to thicken and dilute the oil. If you want thicker oil, use thicker oil.

Maxlife 10w-40.

Better to diagnose and fix the problem, though.

Go with a high mileage oil. Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic Blend should slow your leaks & maybe even stop them over time. Other good high mileage oils are the Full Synthetic Max Life, Mobil 1 High Mileage (for 2004 & older cars), Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage or Pennzoil High Mileage.

Originally Posted By: wantboost
Mobil 1 High Mileage (for 2004 & older cars), why only 2004 and older?

Mobil 1 High Mileage is only API SL certified so it should technically only be used in 2004 & older vehicles. SN is the latest, SM came after SL. SL is not recommended in 2004-2005+ model years.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

+1 Nothing lucas will ever touch one of my vehicles. Wouldn't even run it in an old lawn mower.

The question is WHY would you use snake oil? Lucas wont fix your problem. People buy this garbage because it 2 for 1.

Atleast you're asking and being informed that Lucas is cow manure

I would use Mobil 1 synthetic up until 75,000 miles then switch to Mobil 1 HM. I use their HM oil but their website says great for vehicles with 75,000 miles or more.

Lucas is no addicted super thick oil.

Which means all it does is thicken what's in the sump and dilutes the additive package. Neither are good.

If you want thicker oil use thicker oil. Simple. If you've got an oil leak use liqui-moly motor oil saver. Unless the gasket is physically broken motor oil saver will slow the leak til you can get it fixed properly however I've found that once it's used you don't need to fix it.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Lucas is going to thicken and dilute the oil. If you want thicker oil, use thicker oil.

Maxlife 10w-40.

Better to diagnose and fix the problem, though.

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back