How far to go to avoid ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some operators take advantage of the ethanol avoidance crowd and really spike the price. The Casey's retail station where I get my E0 when I need some isn't too bad, but they do spike the price a little. 20 cents more for E0 regular than E10 regular.

So is there actual proof out there--->That E10 burns so much cleaner the E0?

I have seen pics of a SB Chevy that was run over 80K miles on E85 and then tore down and the Injector tips/Valves/Piston Crowns were virtually spotless... No Carbon build up anywhere...

Originally Posted By: -SyN-

I have seen pics of a SB Chevy that was run over 80K miles on E85 and then tore down and the Injector tips/Valves/Piston Crowns were virtually spotless... No Carbon build up anywhere...

Were the bores ductile/maleable, having been dried out by the ethanol ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: -SyN-

Were the bores ductile/maleable, having been dried out by the ethanol ?

No no. Clearly a lack of lubricity.

The fear of it has almost reached that crescendo hasn't it? It is difficult to equate anything else that has garnered such angst as ethanol. Of all the things to worry about, this one sure seems to generate more diatribe with no appreciable substance than most anything I have witnessed in 60 years. Kinda reminds me of a comment made by a scientist one time.... "beware of vast claims made by half vast data". Now say that quickly 3 times.

LOL. When I bring my lil ones to Sesame Place, I bring 2 Jerry Cans and fill up with Ethanol free for the OPE. It's about 75 cents per gallon but I'm only filling 10 gallons..

Still cheaper than TruFuel , etc

Originally Posted By: chefwong
LOL. When I bring my lil ones to Sesame Place, I bring 2 Jerry Cans and fill up with Ethanol free for the OPE. It's about 75 cents per gallon but I'm only filling 10 gallons..
L
Still cheaper than TruFuel , etc

10 gallons in the car with your kids. That will make a nice fireball. But your string trimmer will last longer.

You mean the turtle's strawman to gain a fraction of a percent foothold in his perception of the "debate" was wrong ?

Whodathunkit ???

oh Heavens to betsy!

You'd go all the day out to get 10 gals of e-free gasoline on the roofrack of your car while taking your kids down south to mikey mouse land?

I'd be seriously worried about mine/my family/kids safety and others while travelling with a liquid timebomb above my head while flying down the highway (just to get some E-free/save a few cents) than, say, staying with E10 available locally.

BITOG OCD at it's best...

Q

In Calgary AB E0 is still available at several COOP service stations at 87, 89 and 91 octanes and at the same price as E10. It is also sold as Top Tier equivalent gasoline. I think I'll try a couple tankfuls of the E0 and see if mileage is better than E10 as some have said.

Last edited:
I wish I could avoid it.. Nothing in my area carries ethanol free gasoline. It's about an hour drive to get anywhere that isn't 10% blend. Of course that's never a direction I go either so I'm just SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back