Volkswagen's $2000.00 Loyalty Offer, This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dareo
What VW would you buy just to save 2k?

2K isn't much. I'd wait until VW gets even more desperate.
smile.gif

yes plus the trade in value of VW's is currently in the tank! So you still loose.

As someone mentioned, 5K$ rebate on VW's across the board and should have to be a VW owner.

They could call it the Ferdinand Pieche cheated SALE. Das Cheating!

Originally Posted By: VNTS
They could call it the Ferdinand Pieche cheated SALE. Das Cheating!

Technically, Johannes Arning and Thorsten Duesterdiek are the ones who cheated, not Piech or Winterkorn.

Actually Bob Lutz commented that when Pieche ran the show, you did what you were told or were fired on the spot and in that culture environment he speculates that anyone below did what they had to do to get the "Clean Diesel" to pass or were going to be canned!

Winterkoen wasnt the CEO when all this occured and Pieche was, so hopefully the investigation will lead back to him! Just proves, intimidation management rarely works!

Golf GTI gets like no discount outside of the 2k bribe money. Same story on the Golf Sportwagen. Rumor has it a 25k passat limited can be had in the 16k range. That kind of discount is hard to ignore.

Golf GTI gets like no discount outside of the 2k bribe money. Same story on the Golf Sportwagen. Rumor has it a 25k passat limited can be had in the 16k range. That kind of discount is hard to ignore.
I ran a very basic 1.8T Passat S (automatic) at truecar.com in my zip code and got $19,200 "truecar estimate", much less than MSRP. Not bad.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
If the runaway Toyota thing is any indication, absolutely no damage.

I agree. I like VW and Audi products. I'm far more petrified of the VW/Audi dealer experience than I am of the vehicles themselves, or any emissions cheating.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Miller88
If the runaway Toyota thing is any indication, absolutely no damage.

I agree. I like VW and Audi products. I'm far more petrified of the VW/Audi dealer experience than I am of the vehicles themselves, or any emissions cheating.

Aside from the emissions cheating most all VW products are VERY VERY good, and the problem with reliability is not really an issue on any recent models. In fact many VW products are as good or better in reliability compared to Japanese makes.

The $tealerships are another story, while there have been SOME improvements since a decade ago, when things were absolutely awful, the problem still remains with incompetent technicians, and outrageous prices for cash services.

So i test drove the Passat S manual tonight, and the shifter sucks. I mean compared to the new Accord manual that my wife drives it is unacceptable. The 1.8 TSi just goes better with the DSG.

I looked at some of their Limited trims and they were like high mileage demo cars with dents and scratches for the teaser prices.

So for now, $2,000 is not enough!

The 2015 manuals are gone and i don't like the 2016 front end. Plus i don't really need a new car and i don't want to have two of the exact same cars.

Other than that, a new Accord is a great idea. People have gotten down to like 20.5k or lower on a sport 6mt 2015 accord and these stupid VW stealerships want me to pay 18.5 for an inferior car.

So i test drove the Passat S manual tonight, and the shifter sucks. I mean compared to the new Accord manual that my wife drives it is unacceptable. The 1.8 TSi just goes better with the DSG.

I looked at some of their Limited trims and they were like high mileage demo cars with dents and scratches for the teaser prices.

So for now, $2,000 is not enough!

Always a judgement call. Reminds me of when a hail storm hit a patch of massive car dealership parking lots a few years back and they sold them for $3k to $4k cheaper, brand new cars, but that wasn't enough discount for me to buy a pock-marked new hail car.

Once the dealerships get desperate (in 2+ months?), you might see more VWs go for way less than invoice, as they lay off salesman and hire more mechanics to fix all the wave of diesels coming. The service business will keep VW dealerships afloat quite well for a couple of years anyway, then look for a few dealerships to go under.

I did stop at a dealership, and noticed VW has a knack for making plain, austere, teutonic interior dash and trim. If you are accustomed to snazzy-cool Japanese, American, or Korean interior "style design artistic expression", then the Passat makes you think these VW folks have no art talent.

Last edited:
Agreed on the VW shifter. My wife's Jetta is a manual and I simply cannot believe that this is what fine German engineering produces.

I may be in the market for a sedan shortly, but I'd need to see a screaming deal to buy a VW. Like that Passat Limited for 12 grand. The scandal will have potentially devastating effects on the resale value. Gotta hedge that out in the purchase price.

VW USA has a real problem on its hands. Sales were weak here before the scandal. Their one real unique product (the TDI) may be tarnished for the foreseeable future. VW has had much less success in shedding its poor quality stigma than the Koreans. The company will be OK in Europe and some other parts of the world, but as an already marginal player here the company is looking at a very real possibility of being the next Mitsubishi.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
I may be in the market for a sedan shortly, but I'd need to see a screaming deal to buy a VW. Like that Passat Limited for 12 grand. The scandal will have potentially devastating effects on the resale value. Gotta hedge that out in the purchase price.

Agreeing here. Bright side: Current Passat or other VW model owners, even non-TDI models, may be looking to sell some gently used stuff for cheap.

The Loyalty Credit is back for the rest of the year, however it has been reduced to $1500. They actually reduced it even though the scope of the emissions cheating is getting bigger by the day.

Doesn't stop me from possibly getting an awesome deal on a 16 Sportwagen S 5MT here in the very near future.

Doesn't stop me from possibly getting an awesome deal on a 16 Sportwagen S 5MT here in the very near future.

Better hurry up before they put a stop-sale order on everything they make.
smile.gif

In Europe, they're starting to go after their gasoline engines already.

Why is only for "current" VW owners?

Think of how many people they could get in the door, if they only opened it up to prior owners. "We're not as bad as we used to be! please try us again!"

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back