A message to the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd figure the drought was really hard hitting, when people didn't have a pond to fish in.
frown.gif

When we were little kids we'd do that all the time. My best friend who lived up the street and I would just attach one of the smaller lead weights to the end of the swivel and stand out in the street casting and reeling in,seeing who could cast the farthest. We must've been 7,8 years old or so.

Originally Posted By: Garak
An old spoon lure with the hooks removed works well, too.
wink.gif

Haha yep! We did that too :^)

Originally Posted By: Garak
That's how my dad taught me to cast, as in getting me to practice.

Same here
thumbsup2.gif

Didn't think of a spoon with hooks being taken off.. Good idea. I took the hooks off my rapala shad type lure. I usually use these shad type lures so it gave me a very accurate feel of how it was to cast one. Tell ya what though.... The wind plays havoc with anything lighter than a quarter of an ounce.
smile.gif

Gets blown everywhere.
I had a zarra spook lure. That darn thing weighed at least an ounce. I swear I could cast that thing a mile. My dad nicknamed it the scud missile. I was casting it well over a 100 ft from the boat. He was like what the.... Is that stupid thing? Never caught a fish with it. But it was funny at the time.
Now, I could cast farther with my newer reel than my dad's old reel he had at the time. Well, one time at a small public lake in King and Queen county we had always fished this old dead pine tree that had fallen in the water. He swore there had to be a fish there. We had casted 1000 times there with 0 hits. Well I was in the back of the boat away from that tree. I casted over my dad to hit a opening on the other side if that tree. It was at least a 80 plus foot cast. On the money, right where I wanted it. Bam!! Fish hits my torpedo lure. I couldn't reel in the fish because the tree was in between us. Dad hit the motor and moved where I could finally reel in the fish. Was a very nice 3 pound 6 oz largemouth bass. My dad was kinda mad that I casted over him and the tree to get the fish. But, I had the long casting ability to pull it off
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back