Kudos to Team Pennzoil and Gena Fishbeck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great for those that have received free goodies. My request went unanswered and ignored, possibly because frankly shipping to Alaska is too expensive or for fear that their products will not perform as well as other oils in this extreme climate and would be "bad" data or PR for SOPUS. I have two gassers that live an extreme life at 40 below and lots of short trips. My car is the daily driver and sees about 8 trips under two miles daily and my gas pickup sees 100 mile recreation trips pulling a flat bed trailer with 4 quads or 4 snowmobiles on the weekend. I think they'd make for an interesting analysis. Rotella T6 does well in my diesel but she's always plugged into the grid once temps dip below 20 above. Please post your uoas is they share the results with you.

Realistically, I don't see them having much in the way of bad UOAs following only OEM OCIs in non-demanding platforms (in non-demanding climates, i.e. ignoring Alaska) while running an A5/B5 type lubricant. But, such is life. We don't see a lot of lubricant failures from any brand on this site, and Shell stuff is top notch.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Realistically, I don't see them having much in the way of bad UOAs following only OEM OCIs in non-demanding platforms (in non-demanding climates, i.e. ignoring Alaska) while running an A5/B5 type lubricant. But, such is life. We don't see a lot of lubricant failures from any brand on this site, and Shell stuff is top notch.

Totally agree, I've used SOPUS products or whatever is on sale very successfully last time I was stationed here. It would just be nice to see how they perform against the Arctic favorite up here, Mobil 1. Locals seem to have jumped on the 70s-synthetic bandwagon and still believe it's Mobil 1 or nothing for their cars and trucks. Reality is if you're plugged all the time you can run any API certified conventional oil.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my sample. 3 weeks and counting. Not sure when it should arrive.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You do normal oil change from whatever oil you have in your engine now to Pennzoil (Platinum or Ultra) with OEM oil filter if possible. Run your normal OCI then take sample for UOA when you'll change out this Pennzoil.

About a month before the next oil change send an PM to Gena Fishbeck to see if Pennzoil likes you to do another UOA, if they do they will ship you another package.

The way I read the directions that came with the kit was...drain your current fill and take a sample, then send it in for analysis. Fill with the free Pennzoil Synthetic you received from Gena. Once you get close to your next OCI, email the address listed on the sheet and they will send you a second UOA kit for free to do the same process over again. This way you get to compare your current "non-Pennzoil Synthetic" oil to the Pennzoil Synthetic oil they sent you initially. Makes sense to me.

Originally Posted By: AKA
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You do normal oil change from whatever oil you have in your engine now to Pennzoil (Platinum or Ultra) with OEM oil filter if possible. Run your normal OCI then take sample for UOA when you'll change out this Pennzoil.

About a month before the next oil change send an PM to Gena Fishbeck to see if Pennzoil likes you to do another UOA, if they do they will ship you another package.

The way I read the directions that came with the kit was...drain your current fill and take a sample, then send it in for analysis. Fill with the free Pennzoil Synthetic you received from Gena. Once you get close to your next OCI, email the address listed on the sheet and they will send you a second UOA kit for free to do the same process over again. This way you get to compare your current "non-Pennzoil Synthetic" oil to the Pennzoil Synthetic oil they sent you initially. Makes sense to me.

You're right, I was totally wrong. I didn't read the "Make the Switch" instruction, I only read the "Get the Proof"

Thank you for correcting me.

Luckily I saved the old oil in a clean containers, I will pour some of it into Blackstone bottle and mail it in.

IF they keep treating us like this (open Q&A, free Oil Analysis kits) plus all the advertising they are doing on this site we might become "bob is the pennzoil guy".

Originally Posted By: Solarent
IF they keep treating us like this (open Q&A, free Oil Analysis kits) plus all the advertising they are doing on this site we might become "bob is the pennzoil guy".

LOL!!! I'm waiting on my kit for the SRT
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

grin.gif

After hearing about the offer from Pennzoil, I PM'd GenaFishbeck...

And now, I too, am waiting on my kit.

God Bless them for being such warmhearted people! I cannot begin to describe how much love it fills my heart to know that a big name company like Pennzoil would send free oil and oil analysis kits to random people on the internet...

Everyone should learn from this;

Everyone should learn that sometimes logic doesn't matter.
Because what matters most comes from the heart.

Sending free kits to members of this very forums site isn't an advertisement. It is a gift from the heart of the people themselves whom run the company.

I understand that there could possibly be better oils.
I understand that there could be good deals elsewhere...

But knowing that a company puts so much LOVE into their product and customer service as to send free kits...

That's priceless.

That's something that can never be matched.

---

So, I just want to say...

I love you all.

I love those of whom have put together the Pennzoil free kits.

And I love all of God's children.

Please, for the sake of love, give someone a hug that you love, just for the sake of it.

This world needs more love. And to think it could come from a place such as BITOG... It's absolutely wondersome.

Believe in serendipity, my friends... for He does things for a purpose.

Love,

~ Triton

A big thanks to Gena and Pennzoil! It will be a while before I change my oil in the test mule, but thanks!

Originally Posted By: jon81SC
For those of you who have received the free Pennzoil, how long is the time when Gena has notified that you will be receiving the oil and when it actually arrived? Thank you in advance!

Ha. Asks the guy with 4 posts.

I wonder if this free oil thing is circulating the net and we are experiencing a mass increase in membership for the free oil.
Maybe Gena is screening and only including members with a certain time as a member.

Originally Posted By: Triton_330

grin.gif

God Bless them for being such warmhearted people! I cannot begin to describe how much love it fills my heart to know that a big name company like Pennzoil would send free oil and oil analysis kits to random people on the internet...

Sending free kits to members of this very forums site isn't an advertisement. It is a gift from the heart of the people themselves whom run the company.

But knowing that a company puts so much LOVE into their product and customer service as to send free kits...

That's priceless.

---

I love you all.

Please, for the sake of love, give someone a hug that you love, just for the sake of it.

This world needs more love. And to think it could come from a place such as BITOG... It's absolutely wondersome.

Love,

~ Triton

Hippy.

That's priceless.

---

I love you all.

Love,

~ Triton

29.gif
grin.gif

Just kidding. This should be a sticky!

10.gif

And high mileage per change and cold climates too i'd bet.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
For those of you who have received the free Pennzoil, how long is the time when Gena has notified that you will be receiving the oil and when it actually arrived? Thank you in advance!

I wonder if this free oil thing is circulating the net and we are experiencing a mass increase in membership for the free oil.
Maybe Gena is screening and only including members with a certain time as a member.

grin.gif

That's priceless.

---

I love you all.

Love,

~ Triton

Hippy.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

grin.gif

That's priceless.

---

I love you all.

Love,

~ Triton

Hippy.

They might be...I think they might want to stick with some of the "oil nuts" first, as we kinda spread the news around from here...

Granted, I'm sure a few other sites might be getting it too...

Kinda be a little sad if people were doing it for the oil and nothing else!

I'm geeked cause I wanna see how they compare....guess that's why I'm here!
cool.gif

grin.gif

Now that will be good....
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back