Fram ph9688 7500 oci m5k 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: tratman2000
You can always run a Fram Ultra at 7500 miles and dump it each change. At least you know you'd have no issues

Wish I could. Warrenty won't allow it.

The warranty won't allow you to use a Fram Ultra but you can use a extra guard?

Puzzled on the reason why the "warranty won't allow it".

Doesn't Champ say the they'll only honor the warranty if its used within OEM specifications? If a vehicle calls for 7500 mile OCI's, I dont think the filter can be used 2x in this situation even though it is capable of it.

Makes one wonder why they even a few models such as the XG8A assuming they never went 15k on their oil and filter.

Ha and some people say this is better then a Purolator classic
confused.gif

Well, it isn't torn, and it seems to have lasted beyond 3,000 miles, which is all some here claim a Classic is good for.
whistle.gif

It's not my choice, but things could be worse. They could also be a lot better.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: tratman2000
You can always run a Fram Ultra at 7500 miles and dump it each change. At least you know you'd have no issues

Wish I could. Warrenty won't allow it.

The warranty won't allow you to use a Fram Ultra but you can use a extra guard?

Puzzled on the reason why the "warranty won't allow it".

Warrenty calls for filter change at 7500 therefore running a ultra 15000 would void it and 7500 on a ultra would be wasteful.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
Ha and some people say this is better then a Purolator classic
confused.gif

Ugly and all I'd still run it over a puro and in fact will be another 2 oci there is another on on here same # looks great after 6500 miles so maybe the next one will look better I shall see

Didn't you say the smashed in can with pliers caused the distortion, compared to the other one you showed? I would spend the extra $3 or whatever for an Ultra, but these do work. To my eyes it looks black and used up, so to be honest I don't see how an Ultra at 7500 in those conditions is wasteful. Of course I don't drive nearly as much as most on here, in fact with the mileages sometimes I wonder if people are in their car all day and night. If I spend $3 more per year I don't need to see an accountant about it.

People always look at these filter cut opens way too much.

You cannot tell by the look if a filter is a "good" filter. Just looking at used media is not a gauge of how "good" the filter is.

Pretty much the only thing you can tell if if the media is torn. The filter appeared to have done its job, that is all it is required to do. A filter is not required to look pretty when it is cut open. People put their personal feelings too much into these cut and shows.

The 9688 is usually one of the better orange cans but the pleat spacing on this one is ugly for sure. We use the Tough Guard version on the daughter's 15 Soul, two bucks well spent IMO for a car so new.

Despite the ugly it held up as they usually do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back