Ready for more guilt? Not me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge waste of government resources.

Selectively harassing and accusatory.

That warning label actually applies to just about everything we use. Why is this warning label being targeted at gas?

I can't even think of a stupider warning label than that.

The labels aren't changing any minds, but do waste resources to produce, plus the labels have to be shipped probably by a ups or fedex truck, plus plus plus. I don't know why such a thing ruins a visit to a city though, who cares what other people's opinion is. They are entitled to it in a free country. Now if I see people rolling coal, that's a place I don't want to visit because I don't want to see diesel exhaust going into my or my family's lungs. Anyone who does that to another person on purpose has problems.

It's those young people trying to change the world again.

No doubt they're still being shuttled around in their mommy's suv.

Use of a cell phone for a year takes more energy than your car for a year. The towers, internet servers, data center cooling, customer support centers, and other infrastructure completely blow away the gasoline used to make your car move. Cell phones, refrigerators, computers, Internet access, beef, it should all have this label too. IMO, it's pretty silly. I'm not opposed to the fact that it draws attention, that can be good. But really? On a pump? Will change nothing.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Don't them animal things contribute excrement, flatulence and other gaseous stuff too?

And those evil volcanoes. We need volcano control, maybe just make a huge catalytic converter and stick it on top of one.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
The labels aren't changing any minds, but do waste resources to produce, plus the labels have to be shipped probably by a ups or fedex truck, plus plus plus. I don't know why such a thing ruins a visit to a city though, who cares what other people's opinion is. They are entitled to it in a free country. Now if I see people rolling coal, that's a place I don't want to visit because I don't want to see diesel exhaust going into my or my family's lungs. Anyone who does that to another person on purpose has problems.

As I stated...it's not just this idea. Seattle has a plethora of rules, ordinances, and fees associated with a particular mindset that I find repugnant. I can tolerate stuff like the next guy, but I have my limits. I could list all kinds of things that have caused Seattle to be intolerable for many people...but I I'll leave that to somebody else.

Health Canada should sue. They look almost exactly like our tobacco warnings.
wink.gif

It's a violation of the pump owners right of freedom of expression. They could litigate it, and win.

Personally, I wouldn't fight it - I'd use the adjacent space on my pumps to post unflattering pictures and abusive commentary on the people responsible.

The first amendment lets you get pretty rough on public figures. I'd take full advantage of that.

Originally Posted By: Win
The first amendment lets you get pretty rough on public figures. I'd take full advantage of that.

Maybe a picture of Mussolini hanging in the town square?
wink.gif

Ok hold on while I stop buying gas. Employer: I see you have been absent for a week straight without notifying us. Employee: Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I am saving the world by not buying gas so you can just mail me the work I need to do. Employer: Your fired!

Why don't they just stop selling gas all together? Apparently they're not THAT concerned. How much tax money does the city rake in off each gallon?

Originally Posted By: Benito
It's those young people trying to change the world again.

No doubt they're still being shuttled around in their mommy's suv.

Who needs oil? I ride the bus press
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back