This past summer...Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a trip to Arizona during July. Stayed at Marriott Starr Pass Resort in Tucson. I casually took some quick shots of the resort and then some pics of Nogales, Az.

RLIDa4.jpg

ndnp0x.jpg

HgLHPo.jpg

Needless to say....the pools became VERY crowded and not for me.

6nwsgM.jpg

VPvNAh.jpg

Took a photo of the border fence. All pics taken from the American side.

RuuwSb.jpg

FWhZa8.jpg

t7v0No.jpg

A small Fourth of July parade happened to be going on as well.
yrzAzG.jpg

Sktqfz.jpg

BhKO3W.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures.

Blue sky ! We have brown sky in So Cal, further north toward LA is darker brown. It was very dark brown back in the '60 and '70.

We only have blue sky right after a good rain which is rare, 2-3 days later the brown comes back.

When I went to visit my brother in Phoenix I can smell the air which is clean, not smelly like we have in So Cal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: double vanos
I live in Bisbee and I love it! Moved here from Houston, and yes the difference in sky color is amazing.

Never been to Bisbee. I've looked at it on the web. I'd like to visit will someday. Some incredibly beautiful architecture to photograph.
Very attractive town.
A gentleman at my work has the last name of Bisbee. He's said that his decedents are whom the town is named after.

Last edited:
Central/Southern Arizona is beautiful Oct 1-May 31. I love waking up to the sun and beautiful skies every morning, I can't think of anywhere else in the country with better weather...other than San Diego, maybe Las Vegas.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Central/Southern Arizona is beautiful Oct 1-May 31. I love waking up to the sun and beautiful skies every morning, I can't think of anywhere else in the country with better weather...other than San Diego, maybe Las Vegas.

I think you are right for the most part. People often think of the blistering summer heat....but forget how fantastic Arizona is the rest of the year.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I think you are right for the most part. People often think of the blistering summer heat....but forget how fantastic Arizona is the rest of the year.

The dry heat thing really is true, it's in the mid 80's tonight and I ran 5 miles around the neighborhood then hopped in the hot tub for an hour and never broke a sweat.

Funny i just flew back from tucson tonight. Was working on my parents place in green valley. Went out to the san xavier mission. Checked out a bunch of neat stuff still didnt make the plane museum... maybe next tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back