3. Sebastian Vettel, 218
Constructors
1. Mercedes, 506
2. Ferrari, 337
3. Williams, 208

For more please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

sochi-753x886.gif

Last edited:
Putin sure has a Napoleon complex for this race, doesn't he? Speaking of which, how much does he pay to have Bernie, the shortest man on the grid, be his sidekick for the day?

Originally Posted By: Garak
Putin sure has a Napoleon complex for this race, doesn't he? Speaking of which, how much does he pay to have Bernie, the shortest man on the grid, be his sidekick for the day?

I wonder which of those two could take dictator lessons from the other.

I got up at 7:45, put the coffee on and turned on the computer. By that time it was after 8:00 and the race apparently had started at.....7:00. At least on Sky TV. Dang! I would have thought the timing was the same as NBC Sports but maybe they are an hour delayed. Maybe next time.

Only in F1, Bernie or someone similar is semi-essential, because a personality like his keeps the inmates from running the asylum.
wink.gif
As for race times, I ignore whatever they try to advertise races as, if they even bother. I just check the official F1 site and have it adjust the time to my time zone, and it's fine. It was at 05:00 Mountain Time, which is what we're on because we don't use DST, which only confuses the TV people even more.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Just watching commercial for it saying Sunday 6:30AM EST

Yes I apologize for that guys. I get these listings directly from an NBC site and this isn't the first time they were wrong. Also, they listed FP1 and FP3 as being shown but they were both FP2.

Yep, certainly not your fault, gofast182. You want to have some fun? Try planning watching a special event during the two-day window before and after the DST switch, which doesn't happen here. The Formula 1 site gets it right every time. The onscreen guide from my satellite provider has been wrong in the past, particularly with respect to the NBC feed. They've listed race time on that channel an hour off of the TSN feed, which is the one that is live. Of course, flipping the channel showed that the guide was wrong.

By the way, anyone watch the pre-show? Am I imagining things or was DC a little peeved with Eric Boullier not wanting to talk?

My only scare was when I did a manual recording of the Sprint Cup race, NBC didn't change the listing. I went to watch the F1 race last night and it was the Sprint Cup race. Eventually found it and thought it was a good race. The whole using duct tape on the barriers is really sketcky.

BTW if you want to have fun trying to watch a race at weird times, try juggling the Bathurst 1000 and the WEC Fuji race Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back