Pima Air Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often go to this museum as I really think it's one of the very best in the country for aviation. The first few were taken in a B-17 Bomber group building.

EO517D.jpg

Fs7fb2.jpg

dY11fl.jpg

g6se6v.jpg

LeNN1j.jpg

YGMp7k.jpg

omyfJZ.jpg

aln97W.jpg

MIHdX3.jpg

u22inV.jpg

nIgGA9.jpg

W0C394.jpg

tmh3Ic.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I've heard of the place, I'd like to go there, but it's a few thousand miles away from me. I'm about 2.5 Hrs away from the USAF Museum in Dayton, which I visit annually. They are adding a fourth building that will open June '16. The B-58 and the F-105 are among my favorite aircraft.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Thanks.

Have any more?

A few more.

This is the first Boeing 727 to enter commercial service in 1963. It served until the early 1990's. It is on loan from the National Air and Space Museum and awaiting restoration.

otAK7P.jpg

An F-101 Voodoo. This was n service from 1957-1982 (Retired from National Guard service).

HMZVXL.jpg

NAZXjo.jpg

Boeing KB50J tanker. Jet engines were added to improve performance.
7VTmZu.jpg

They have tons of helicopters as well...
SxRwMJ.jpg

xUdvtg.jpg

On the flight down to Arizona. Just a shot of Mt. Rainier from Washington state.

IFyVB5.jpg

Good thing they are retiring all those 787's! Long in the tooth they are.

That place has great additions since 27 years ago when I was there.

Thanks for the B-17 picture! I flew on "Aluminum Overcast" a few years ago:
(Strange fact about Alumin Overcast: One of its 4 engines is a Studebaker, the rest Curtis-Wright.)
Aluminum_Overcast.1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Good thing they are retiring all those 787's! Long in the tooth they are.

That place has great additions since 27 years ago when I was there.

Thanks for the B-17 picture! I flew on "Aluminum Overcast" a few years ago:
Aluminum_Overcast.1.jpg

That must have been a great experience! I've not flown on a single vintage aircraft.....yet! I will someday.

Thx. I especially liked the pic of the B-58 Hustler. Any more?

Internet is just too awesome for this kind of thing isn't it?
Try bing.com for image sources instead of google. On bing, I used pima b-58 aircraft and got:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?&q=pima+b-58+aircraft&qft=+filterui:imagesize-wallpaper&FORM=R5IR4
Select Extra Large images for the best!

Thx. I especially liked the pic of the B-58 Hustler.

Any more?

I have a lot more....but am having some difficulty with my storage site (ImageShack). My images keep disappearing and then reappearing. I'm not very pleased with them right now. My emails have not been answered as to what is going on. I've got a lot of pics stored over there and questioning now if that was wise.

Curious as to what the "ANA" stands for on the 787. "Another Naughty Airline"? (I've had too many bags lost and encountered too many strange flight attendants, jaded.)

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Curious as to what the "ANA" stands for on the 787. "Another Naughty Airline"? (I've had too many bags lost and encountered too many strange flight attendants, jaded.)

I'm not sure if you are just joking about it...but ANA stands for "All Nippon Airways".

They buy a lot of Boeing aircraft.

A neat fact. The B-36 and the B-58 was the last airframe to come off the assembly line of those models. The F-4 in the Blue Angels paint is a thing of beauty! Pima is a must see once in your life. Plan on a full day to see everything. Been around 5yrs.since I was there and see its time to return as its changed again with new additions.
DD

Originally Posted By: dinkydau
A neat fact. The B-36 and the B-58 was the last airframe to come off the assembly line of those models. The F-4 in the Blue Angels paint is a thing of beauty! Pima is a must see once in your life. Plan on a full day to see everything. Been around 5yrs.since I was there and see its time to return as its changed again with new additions.
DD

Agreed there. I was in Phoenix a couple of years ago to fly gliders, take road trips to California and Vegas, as well as Mt. Lemmon, etc in Arizona, etc., etc., and wish I would have hit Pima Air Museum again since its been about 27 years ago for me. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back