Honda Dual Pump Fluid price increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a quart of DPF2 at Millenium Honda In Hempstead, NY and was shocked when the guy told me it was $14.18! That's almost $5 increase since I last changed it about 2 years ago! I'm just wondering what you guys have been paying at your local dealers?

That's certainly higher than when I last changed in 2013. It's a specialty fluid and you only need 1.2 quarts on your diff AND you know it's the right choice. Sometimes it costs to play.
I'm at 223k on my 2005, have always used that fluid every 60k for changes, and no issues. It was worth the $65.

There are several dealerships with parts department presence on the web. They're usually quite a bit cheaper than walk-up retail prices even after figuring shipping. Some have free shipping if you purchase $150 or have a discount code.

Originally Posted By: Fsatsil
I've seen places like Bernardi Honda online that has much cheaper prices then my local dealers but on smaller orders the shipping can be very expensive especially on fluids.
Originally Posted By: Kool1
You may want to try this:

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=4&id_products=465

Oh wow I didn't know there was an aftermarket alternative I'll have to check it out.

Taking a big risk to save a few bucks.

Originally Posted By: artbuc
Originally Posted By: Fsatsil
I've seen places like Bernardi Honda online that has much cheaper prices then my local dealers but on smaller orders the shipping can be very expensive especially on fluids.
Originally Posted By: Kool1
You may want to try this:

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=4&id_products=465

Oh wow I didn't know there was an aftermarket alternative I'll have to check it out.

Taking a big risk to save a few bucks.

The Penrite fluid is actually more expensive then the Honda fluid! I wasn't planning on using it In my Cr-V even if it was cheaper but I did find it interesting that a company actually makes an aftermarket DPSF.

Originally Posted By: Tundragod
I paid $7.82/qts (20% disc) before tax here in Rochester MN on 7/04/2015.

That's about what I remember paying back in 2012 when I changed it the last time. Luckily it's only 1qt every 3 years so it's not such a big deal I was just curious if others has seen a similar price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back