We Must Never Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sure did bring it all right back for me. Sadly, I think too many HAVE forgotten.

Thanks for posting that.

It never changes. You always have the weak who will surrender everything for a false chance at peace. And you have the brave who will fight for their families, their way of life, their country, and their beliefs.

Once the weak get their way a country is finished.

Too bad this has nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, the source of all the current controversy. How's that search for Osama? Wasn't he the one behind the whole thing? Maybe that is what you have truly forgotten.

quote:

Originally posted by Scott P:
Too bad this has nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, the source of all the current controversy. How's that search for Osama? Wasn't he the one behind the whole thing? Maybe that is what you have truly forgotten.

Can you give it a break Scott P? What the heck did your smart aleck comment have to do with the post?

I can see how upset and devestated you are by viewing that link. You really wear your heart out on your sleeve there buddy
rolleyes.gif
. And a New Yorker too?
pat.gif

Guys, no personal feelings toward each other please. I am really trying to stay out of these, and have done so, but no personal items.

Thanks

[ May 13, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

quote:

Scott, you weren't listening. Bush promised a war on terrorism, not just get the guys behind 911. Even if we concentrated all our resources on OBL and the al Qaeda, and captured him and wiped them all out, we would still have terrorism. Iraq was a logical next step. Whether Saddam had anything to do with 911 is irrelevant.

Ahh, personal attacks. That proves your point....really.

Why are we taking this next step before the first step is accomplished? Bush had Iraq on his mind as soon as 9-11 happened. For him, it was only the excuse he needed to do what his Daddy couldn't do.

And don't preach to me about my 9-11 feelings. I was outside of Philly that day. I had to worry about closed interstates and bridges and wonder how i was suppossed to get out of town. I was scheduled to go through NY via the GWB and head up to Westchester County that afternoon. I saw the plume of smoke as I traveled up the Turnpike on my way to Middletown, NY so I could go to work the next day, even though I had to cancel my appointment in Westchester. I was awoken at 2:00 am due to a bomb prank at the Hampton Inn. I still have the special edition of the USA Today printed in the afternoon of 9-11 here in my office. It's a long fall from that horse you folks seem to ride on.

I don't need patriotic music playing 24/7, a flag on my car and websites only created to justify one's patriotism to prove that I am a proud American. People haven't forgotten about 9-11. I don't even know where you folks get the idea that they have.

[ May 14, 2004, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Scott P ]

quote:

Ahh, personal attacks. That proves your point....really.

Personal attack? I really don't think so but if it's perceived that way then I do apologize.

quote:

Originally pposted by Scott P:

Too bad the original post had nothing to do with anything you mentioned. Until you brought it up, it wasn't an Iraq or Osama thread. I took issue with the fact that you had to interject your obvious anti-Bush, anti-Iraq invasion slant to a thread that said nothing about either of them.

The link has everything to do with Osama and Iraq. It points to a simple slide show of words and quotes to infer that people have forgotten the attack and that we should be fighting this war that we are in.

quote:

Bush had Iraq on his mind as soon as 9-11 happened. For him, it was only the excuse he needed to do what his Daddy couldn't do.

cool.gif
Prez Bush The First in 1991 was only doing what the UN mandate was...which goes to show what happens when you listen to the UN. There is evidence that Timothy McVeigh and co. had backing from Iraq in the Oklahoma City bombing (see reporter Jayna Davis).
In any event, and I don't hate on anybody, the central theme to the very existence of Muslim extremists is "every Jew and Christian dead"....and they don't plan on stopping until they accomplish that.

quote:

I was outside of Philly that day. I had to worry about closed interstates and bridges and wonder how i was suppossed to get out of town. I was scheduled to go through NY via the GWB and head up to Westchester County that afternoon. I saw the plume of smoke as I traveled up the Turnpike on my way to Middletown, NY so I could go to work the next day, even though I had to cancel my appointment in Westchester.

Well I am certainly greatfull you were not injured more severely than you were
rolleyes.gif

Some innocent Americans and Foriegn Travelers were actually killed that day .

Motorbike - Thank you for your concern in regards to my heatlh. I appreciate the kind thoughts. Can you help me point out where I said I was injured? I really would appreciate it. I never placed myself at the scene of the event. I just had to respoond to those that felt the need to question my "heart", especially the "And a New Yorker too" comment.

labman - I love the comparisons of Saddam to Hitler. It just shows how weak the right is in justifying the invasion. Germany could've easily owned Europe through military might and loyal countrymen.

Iraq is in the middle of a desert and really had nowhere to go. The country is filled with various pockets of resistance. Iraq were already under watch and warnign (I think that No-fly zone thingy would apply here) and any military build-up or invasion would be easily noticed and prevented. Saddam couldn't hold Hitler's jock.

If our government was truly concerned with controlling dangerous countries, we would have invaded North Korea in fear of thier nuclear missle program. They have a bigger chance of being a Nazi-esque threat than Iraq ever could have. When are we heading over there?

quote:

Motorbike - Thank you for your concern in regards to my heatlh. I appreciate the kind thoughts. Can you help me point out where I said I was injured?

I appologize for my mistake , apparently you were not injured as I originally thought .

It appears the events of 9/11 merely interfered with your daily routine . It affected some others much worse and was a wake up call for the World and the false security we were living with .

My reply to you was to show you how one can take one little tidbit of a quote and twist it out of context to his/her liking which is exactly what you have done to this thread .

People HAVE forgotten about 9-11 until the convenient time for them.

As for me...I think about it daily...multiple times. I lost 343 brothers. No, I'm not a ff with FDNY. But I was on shift that day. We had PD at every fire station as everything was sealed. We watched the first tower fall, and I knew we had lost many people.

I was in NY in October 2003 for the FDNY Medal Day/ 9-11 Memorial. I marched side by side with 50,000+ firefighters. I knew only a couple, but we are all brothers.

I'm not belittling the deaths of the civilians. There were some true heroes that stayed behind to guide others, carry others, and comfort others. I think about my brothers as they entered those buildings. Many knew that they wouldn't come out, but they entered anyway...to save lives. And they did. There are estimates that the presence of those rescuers saved thousands of lives by showing the way, guiding, carrying people down. Captain Terrence Hatten (Rescue 1) told one of his friends as he entered the building "I love you brother, I don't know if we'll ever see each other again".

I have the UTMOST respect for our soldiers that are defending our freedom...fighting terrorism and those that harbor it. Whether people believe it or not, everything that they are doing is to protect us and our way of life.

The acts of FDNY and NYPD that day are sometimes overlooked, forgotten, or dismissed as that was "their job". Yes, we are sworn to protect the lives and property of strangers. But, sometimes it takes some reminding people of the acts that emergency personnel around the world do.

I have a 1 month old daughter. Now, reality hits me. When I leave for work, and I kiss my wife and girl, I realize I may never see them again. It scares me more than anything. Would I give my life for a perfect stranger and their property...yes. That is my job.

Next time you see firefighters rushing down the street, or police officers stopping a car, realize what they are doing. Say a little prayer for us. We are going to help those in need, and it could be you next time. We don't do it for the recognition or appreciation. But sometimes a "thank for what you do" means the world to us.

Sorry for the rant/off topic. Please flame away if you need to.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

quote:

Motorbike - Thank you for your concern in regards to my heatlh. I appreciate the kind thoughts. Can you help me point out where I said I was injured?

I appologize for my mistake , apparently you were not injured as I originally thought .

It appears the events of 9/11 merely interfered with your daily routine . It affected some others much worse and was a wake up call for the World and the false security we were living with .

My reply to you was to show you how one can take one little tidbit of a quote and twist it out of context to his/her liking which is exactly what you have done to this thread .

I twisted things around? I'm questioning the link that implies that people have forgotten 9/11. Really, it's not hard to understand. As I stated before, I really don't think people have forgotten. What people is the creator of the little flash show referring to?

I have never forgot.....and I never will.
It is rare when a day goes buy that I don't reflect on what's happened in the last 3 years. I saw Nick Bergs' beheading a couple days ago and I can not get the images out of my head.
I believe we are truly fighting evil....pure evil!

Long live America!
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back