Flosser bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up some 80/100 watt (clear) "Flosser" brand headlight bulbs on ebay. Says made in germany... Has anybody used this brand of bulbs? Are they any better than the Hella overwatts?

I've used Flosser bulbs. I have not used the Hella "overwatts"

In standard form the Flosser bulb are excellent quality. Very durable and well made.

Made in Germany by a older bulb company..try them and see.

I hope that you have done your homework on over-watt bulbs and heat buildup in the housing you intent to install them in. They can make short work of plastic housings/reflector paint/lenses/sockets, making replacement of the housing an expensive endeavor.

I used them when I replaced the HID bulbs on my S60R. They worked great and were still going strong when I traded the car in a few years later.

Flosser 80/100w 9007 bulbs arrived today. Marked "Made in Germany" and they certainly look like decent quality. If I ever get this intake manifold coolant leak figured out I'll throw them in and report back.

ok now... I just read a post concerning a danial stern .. I went and read around his site.,.even read an article on Osram and flossar bulbs...they are the same thing ..just Flossar measures there wattage at 13.5 volt ..not at 12 like osram does ...so they get a higher reading //

Interesting, never heard that. Still a 55w bulb at 12.8vdc theoretically draws 4.3 amps and at 80 watts and 13.8vdc it would draw 5.8 amps. Clearly not just Flosser playing semantics, but I'm very curious to see how they end up comparing anyhow. The Philips extreme power bulbs I have in there are about 7 years old now, but after the relay upgrade they really are working very well. Just need to have an evening where I have time to do a nice side-by-side comparision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back