2015 Ford F-250 6.7L OEM Filter [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif
What color is that? Looks similar to "Magnetic" used on the new Mustang.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif
It is Tuxedo Black.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif
It is Tuxedo Black.

One of my favorite colors for the Raptor and SHO. Good looking truck OP.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
It is Tuxedo Black.
One of my favorite colors for the Raptor and SHO. Good looking truck OP.
Thank you!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Very nice upgrades there 2015_PSD!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Blue!

I received mine from RockAuto today. They are correct for a 6.7L Powerstroke. There was 1 MC, 2 Clarcor (Baldwin), and 7 Affinia (WIX). One of the Baldwins has some surface rust on the base plate (the one in the picture) so it will be sacrificed; the others appear to be brand new with no issues. I will post the cut open Baldwin later today.

o7XMhX.jpg

HqpbAn.jpg

YFz7iE.jpg

Outside of the differentials, I may install a Mag-Hytec transmission pan although the OEM transmission pan does have a drain plug AND a dipstick (unlike my F150 which had neither). Other than these things to start, the only other item of note would be a bypass system, but I will wait a bit before deciding to install that.

The Super Duty trucks no longer come from the factory with the NTZ sub-micron bypass filter? I know they all used to. At some point, Ford moved the replaceable cartridge to a sealed unit under the pan. I'd be surprised if they eliminated it altogether.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Outside of the differentials, I may install a Mag-Hytec transmission pan although the OEM transmission pan does have a drain plug AND a dipstick (unlike my F150 which had neither). Other than these things to start, the only other item of note would be a bypass system, but I will wait a bit before deciding to install that.
The Super Duty trucks no longer come from the factory with the NTZ sub-micron bypass filter? I know they all used to. At some point, Ford moved the replaceable cartridge to a sealed unit under the pan. I'd be surprised if they eliminated it altogether.
I am not sure; I am assuming that you are talking about the transmission?

My apologies. You mentioned the transmission, so I assumed you were considering a transmission bypass filter.
smile.gif

No; I was thinking engine, but I need some data on how the oil performs before deciding on that.

The NTZ bypass filter was for the transmission, its no longer installed and the transmission service interval has been stretched out to 150,000 mi.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
...the transmission service interval has been stretched out to 150,000 mi.
I will not go that long to say the least.

2015_PSD, being you are adding the Mag-Hytec differential cover and trans pan(? Wasn't sure about the trans pan) will you be adding temperature gauges to them as well? I would hope that you would decide on Stewart Warner gauges.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
2015_PSD, being you are adding the Mag-Hytec differential cover and trans pan(? Wasn't sure about the trans pan) will you be adding temperature gauges to them as well? I would hope that you would decide on Stewart Warner gauges.:!
I have not decided on the trans pan yet, but I am definitely changing the diff cover. I may install a temp gauge in the diff (the trans has one), but I would go with Autometer (sorry Blue).

The NTZ bypass filter was for the transmission, its no longer installed and the transmission service interval has been stretched out to 150,000 mi.

I'm not sure I'm ready to believe trans fluid can last that long in an HD truck. But I could be wrong. My ZF has taught me to re-think automatic transmissions.

I'm not sure I'm ready to believe trans fluid can last that long in an HD truck. But I could be wrong. My ZF has taught me to re-think automatic transmissions.
50-75K intervals sounds more reasonable to me. Ford also states that the rear axle is "lifetime" fill. The UOAs on my F150 rear axle showed lots of metal on the first OC that tapered off with the subsequent OCs. I will not be going to 150K on the transmission fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back