Mothers FX Syn Polymer SynWax. How Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3-4 year old sealed bottle of Mothers FX Engineered SynWax. Stored in the cool Basement.
Never used the stuff before.

How good is it? More like a Sealer or not?

Thanks!

Goes on easy, comes off easy with no powder and no offensive smell. Lacks durability for long term. Got a free 4 oz sample at a car show.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ronbo
Got a free 4 oz sample at a car show.

Same here, LOL!!!

Originally Posted By: ronbo
Goes on easy, comes off easy with no powder and no offensive smell. Lacks durability for long term. Got a free 4 oz sample at a car show.

+1

You can use it up but it isn't the greatest in terms of a winter wax. Collinite is still my favorite for that or if you're looking for an easier to find OTC wax Nufinish is actually pretty good stuff.

Delete. Sorry.
smile.gif

Forgot to post that it gives a good to great shine. Read that it looks great on black vehicles which I have and I was anxious to try it. That said I'm sticking with Duragloss 105 due to it's durability.

Last edited:
I put the SynWax on.

VERY nice shine and super easy to take off!

Highly reflective. I have never seen a product produce brighter, crisper shine on metallic reds. I always got around 3 months durability but it was so easy to use, I didn't care.
Not always my go to lsp but sometimes looks wins over durability for me.
I prefer the appearance of Synwax over that of Mothers CA Gold Synthetic Wax, plus they don't make Synwax any longer.
However, they say the new synthetic wax paste is on par for reflectivity.

Originally Posted By: hummdrumm
Highly reflective. I have never seen a product produce brighter, crisper shine on metallic reds. I always got around 3 months durability but it was so easy to use, I didn't care.
Not always my go to lsp but sometimes looks wins over durability for me.
I prefer the appearance of Synwax over that of Mothers CA Gold Synthetic Wax, plus they don't make Synwax any longer.
However, they say the new synthetic wax paste is on par for reflectivity.

California Gold Spray Wax will maintain that reflectivity if you use after every wash
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back