Need Color Match Pen Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have someone who parks by feel in my parking lot. They got the RR fender on the Focus back in April. There is a small crack in the paint

MPsIkXC.jpg

I had someone look at it and I mentioned I just want it sealed where the crack is - I don't care about the other scratches as it's going to keep happening anyway.

They suggested get one of the color match pen things to cover up the scratch.

The color is Blue Flame Metallic. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? There seem to be a TON of choices on amazon.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Your best bet is to get a touch-up paint bottle from a Ford dealer.

This, however do be aware paint fades with time. My wife's old '06 Taurus got a scratch and we got a little fingernail sized bottle from the dealership to make sure it matches. The cars paint faded a little tho in the 9 years we had it. Wasnt noticable from a distance but when you get right up on it it was pretty clear.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Your best bet is to get a touch-up paint bottle from a Ford dealer.

This, however do be aware paint fades with time. My wife's old '06 Taurus got a scratch and we got a little fingernail sized bottle from the dealership to make sure it matches. The cars paint faded a little tho in the 9 years we had it. Wasnt noticable from a distance but when you get right up on it it was pretty clear.

I'm not too concerned with paint match. I just don't want it to rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back