2015 Bathurst 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fords are looking strong in practice. Marcos just set a lap faster than the Lap of the Gods. Can't wait for the Saturday (California time).

This race always makes me think of how awesome it would be to see Indy cars race on this circuit. The winding, hilly portion in the middle of the circuit is so tight and technical, but a well-placed car can absolutely fly through there!

Jenson Button did a lap in a Mclaren F1 car around Bathurst a few years ago.

I absolutely love this track. It it probably track I race on the most for fun on GT6.

Also that was a real unfortunate comment made about the Gracie/Silvestro car. I have always been a fan of Simona, met her at one of the Indy races at Fontana and I was a bumbling idiot.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Do they have back-up cars? I know Will Power is down there, it would be cool if he could fill in since Penske is Ford aligned down under.

Not allowed to run a backup car. Must race the chassis they started with on the weekend, so lots of furious re-building required in the next day or so.

That was a nasty crash. Looks like the body work did a good job at pulling away from the chassis.

Glad to hear that Mostert is awake and alert. One less car for us blue fans to pull for unfortunately.

I was following the Twitter updates, real scary shunt for Mostert.

They just put up some figures on that crash based on speeds and directions.

They reckon that there were 6 separate hits, the first three 35, 48, and 40 gs.

Just for information, with Bathurst only 65km away, I've got my radio tuned to B-Rock FM (Pretty cool name IMO).

Monday mornings, they have an interview with the mayor of Bathurst. He is seriously one switched on cat, with lots of great ideas for his town the racetrack included.

Having run for local Govt here, and getting what we got, I can appreciate a guy who thinks, talks, AND acts.

I knew that was going to be a big hit on the replay when he touched the wall at the inside of the Dipper. I know it isn't the same, but I have done that exact same thing on GT6 in a Falcon with similar results.

About the race in the ARC accident, that is about the worst spot on track for cars to kiss.

That is pretty cool about the mayor of Bathurst. I think he was on the broadcast for either the 1000 or the 12hr and he seemed like an awesome person.

People have joked that I should live in Australia. I follow V8 Supercars, rugby, cricket, and have a St Kilda keychain.

That is pretty cool about the mayor of Bathurst. I think he was on the broadcast for either the 1000 or the 12hr and he seemed like an awesome person.

People have joked that I should live in Australia. I follow V8 Supercars, rugby, cricket, and have a St Kilda keychain.

You had my respect until you said cricket. A poindexter's game.

Still St Kilda is a cool place. And V8 Supercars are great. I like the harsh, "no back up car allowed" rule. That's your car ....now race it ..... if you can't keep it together then you can't win.....but if you can slap it back into shape, you can still race. It makes the choice of mechanics as crucial as the choice of driver.

Originally Posted By: SR5

Still St Kilda is a cool place. And V8 Supercars are great. I like the harsh, "no back up car allowed" rule. That's your car ....now race it ..... if you can't keep it together then you can't win.....but if you can slap it back into shape, you can still race. It makes the choice of mechanics as crucial as the choice of driver.

Haha, I played a bit when I was younger, but there is no support for the game here.

Ya the no back-up car thing is pretty cool. It has gotten to the point in NASCAR where any slight issue with a car in practice and they switch to a back-up car.

Haha, I played a bit when I was younger, but there is no support for the game here.

Ya the no back-up car thing is pretty cool. It has gotten to the point in NASCAR where any slight issue with a car in practice and they switch to a back-up car.

Just noticed you were from Santa Barbara, CA. I spent a week there once, very nice place.
I have a English mate who lives there, he loves his cricket.

Hey I had a few drinks on the old pier when I was there, is it still around? I recall something about a fire.

Just noticed you were from Santa Barbara, CA. I spent a week there once, very nice place.
I have a English mate who lives there, he loves his cricket.

Hey I had a few drinks on the old pier when I was there, is it still around? I recall something about a fire.

It is still there and everything is still overpriced.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/...m-1227563620958

Last year's winner seriously injured (not life threatening) in a massive crash, that nearly sent him over the wall into a Marshall's hut (local news said 5 hurt, but can't find on the web).

2 words: SOFT WALLS.

It took North American sanctioning bodies too many years to get them on the major racetracks. That's a concrete canyon they're running through, and Chaz was bouncing from wall to wall. Soft walls would have lessened the first two impacts and maybe eliminated the third.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: Shannow
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport/...m-1227563620958

Last year's winner seriously injured (not life threatening) in a massive crash, that nearly sent him over the wall into a Marshall's hut (local news said 5 hurt, but can't find on the web).

2 words: SOFT WALLS.

It took North American sanctioning bodies too many years to get them on the major racetracks. That's a concrete canyon they're running through, and Chaz was bouncing from wall to wall. Soft walls would have lessened the first two impacts and maybe eliminated the third.

Dig up some old footage of racing at Bathurst in the 70's and 80's when speeds in some places weren't a lot slower than they are now and check out the edges of the track then, it makes bouncing from concrete walls look like a good option.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back