How to post a picture without a link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 96Cherokee
I did that and it wants a http link, I have posted with a Photobucket link before but would like to just put the picture ,it does not allow me to browse to my desktop where the picture is?

Just to clarify, any image you want to embed in a post has to be hosted online. Since BITOG does not allow you to upload a picture to their server, you need to find a remote host that allows remote loading. For most people that means having to upload their pictures to an image hosting website and remotely linking the image to hwere they want to post it. You said you don't want to post the link. Right, you want to embed the image link with the proper code/tags, so that the remotely hosted image loads in your post. Image hosting sites will convenienty give you the image URL for every one of your upliaded images with image tag options for the various types of forums out there. You just copy the image URL with the proper tags and paste the whole string into your post. Or you can create the image tag in BITOG by inserting an image. All you need is the image URL itself. Some forums require you to use html tags, others, like BITOG, require UBB code. All this has aready been said in this thread, but I thought it should be summed up to make it more digestible info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back