QSUD And A Driveworks Filter For $19.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advance here in nj has a special for QSUD $19.99 plus a driveworks oil filter.. That is cheaper than wal mart and a good price for a pretty good synthetic. Last time i was in wal mart it was $22.00 and i did not buy it.
We stopped using advance because their prices are always higher in commercial..

They also have Maxlife full synthetic with a Fram Ultra for $29.99.

The Castrol/ Ultra deals are decent when compared to WM's prices especially if you want 0w30 or 0w40. (Locally, WM's dont stock 0w40.)

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Good stuff....would give the filter away though....

I've used the driveworks filters with no problems, even cut some open after use. Others here have also posted internals and they looked fine.

I used to get whatever $30 synth special was on at the time of change (Usually around 8,000ish) but for the past two years, I go for the $20 synth specials that all the usual suspects advertise. I'd be shocked if that ever caused damage of any kind whatsoever. In fact, I might just start using MC oil and MC filters from WM and call it a day.

I got that special at AAP as well. Great price on the oil and the filter combo based on my research it is not that bad, efficiency isn't totally known but people have used it and their engines didn't break down.

My local AAP had an option to upgrade the driveworks filter to a PureONE for $2, wish I had gotten the pureone but for next OCI I will make sure to upgrade if specials are still around.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Remember you also have the option to upgrade to P1 for $2 more.
Is a Tear 1 really a upgrade?????

Originally Posted By: steveh
Is a Tear 1 really a upgrade?????

They probably fixed the tearing issue by now (December 2014 and up), plus they still have that textured grip.

Also, I don't like Chinese DW.

If you can get CQ Red like someone else on here was able to, then I'd take the red.

Slacktide_bitog: I was able to get one CQ "red" each: one for the Taurus and cavalier at like $2.23/each. Probably run them when the TG stash runs out

Fixed the tearing issue??? They claim there was not really a problem its just rumors online..
We stopped using purolater at the shop also just can't take chances with newly rebuilt engines.

Be safe Go with a better filter.

Quaker State is also running a rebate on the 5qt. Submit your receipt for $10 prepaid visa card in the mail.

Not so. The monthly ad for the QSUD specials makes no mention of upgrading filters. My Advance wanted $4 to upgrade to an ACDelco. Maybe other stores are more liberal.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz

Not so. The monthly ad for the QSUD specials makes no mention of upgrading filters. My Advance wanted $4 to upgrade to an ACDelco. Maybe other stores are more liberal.

Mine said the same thing since their printed page ads doesn't mention it but their $19.99 sign on the product rack stated a $2 upgrade for a Pureone filter while their printed ad didn't mention it.

Go to the racks and see if they have it printed on the actual price/details sign. We actually didn't even get charged the $2 upgrade fee, just $19.99.

Last edited:
slacktide_bitog said:

It works at the counter when they ring you up. Try it
smile.gif

However, the CQ Red swap may not be a guarantee.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Advance here in nj has a special for QSUD $19.99 plus a driveworks oil filter.. That is cheaper than wal mart and a good price for a pretty good synthetic. Last time i was in wal mart it was $22.00 and i did not buy it. ...

That is a pretty good deal. It would be nice if you could get the Carquest Red oil filter instead of the Driveworks filter like someone else mentioned on here.

Hyundai OEM Oil Filter #26300-35503
Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Originally Posted By: Luis_G

Mine said the same thing since their printed page ads doesn't mention it but their $19.99 sign on the product rack stated a $2 upgrade for a Pureone filter while their printed ad didn't mention it.

Go to the racks and see if they have it printed on the actual price/details sign. We actually didn't even get charged the $2 upgrade fee, just $19.99.

This is true ... the ad doesn't say anything about the upgrade, but the $19.99 sign on the product rack mentions the $2 upgrade to a P1 filter. However, I believe I would rather be interested in using a Carquest Red oil filter if they would allow for it in the special.

Hyundai OEM Oil Filter #26300-35503
Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back