World economic collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clevy, the problem is that most people are truly brainwashed, and are not capable of independent, critical thinking. The establishment (elite,ect) will try and attack those that can see outside of the "cage", they have been trained to be occupied with.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Clevy, the problem is that most people are truly brainwashed, and are not capable of independent, critical thinking. The establishment (elite,ect) will try and attack those that can see outside of the "cage", they have been trained to be occupied with.

Talk about being brainwashed...you'd better lay off the Kool-Aid for a while...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Probably a tad stronger

Originally Posted By: Al

Probably a tad stronger

Back in the day it was called "Electric Kool-Aid".

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I don't know how anybody can predict things. I know they say the economy is slowing. But my brother in law, and sister are thinking the stuff is going to hit the fan, if you know what I mean? Thoughts? I guess some people did predict the last downturn?

E-mail my brother in law sent to me:

"This might be worth considering. I strongly do not recommend buying a house in this economy. If the economy gets as bad as predicted you may loose your job and then can’t make the mortgage payments as the house value drops to 50%. I know it is hard to wait but it is the prudent thing to do.

Kind regards"

Gf's dad is telling us not to buy a house right now. He's saying its a buyer's market and that we need to back off and wait,that the house prices are insane presently. I have noticed throughout our shopping that sellers are asking WAY above market value for them.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Gf's dad is telling us not to buy a house right now. He's saying its a buyer's market and that we need to back off and wait,that the house prices are insane presently. I have noticed throughout our shopping that sellers are asking WAY above market value for them.

Exactly the media pundits and so called "economic experts" on the
tribe-o-vision are selling the gentile a load of bunk about the state of the economy. I still do think that there are a number of ordinary people that have a gut instinct that things are not the rosy picture they paint in the mass media and like you future father in law is wise to the realities. Good for him and yourself.

Last edited:

Then it's called a seller's market.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Then it's called a seller's market.

Haha didn't realize my error :p I was posting from my phone and waited too late to edit.

Seller's market is what I meant.

I still do think that there are a number of ordinary people that have a gut instinct that things are not the rosy picture they paint in the mass media and like you future father in law is wise to the realities.

I always say one thing. If you're not needing to beg in the street for your next meal, you're doing better than a large segment of the world's population. Our countries have had economic times that were a lot worse than this.

When we have the time and resources to congregate at a site based mostly upon being OCD about motor oil, of all things, that tells me our problems aren't all that big in the grand scheme of things.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I still do think that there are a number of ordinary people that have a gut instinct that things are not the rosy picture they paint in the mass media and like you future father in law is wise to the realities.

I always say one thing. If you're not needing to beg in the street for your next meal, you're doing better than a large segment of the world's population. Our countries have had economic times that were a lot worse than this.

When we have the time and resources to congregate at a site based mostly upon being OCD about motor oil, of all things, that tells me our problems aren't all that big in the grand scheme of things.

My Aunt lived though the great depression...we've got it made compared to what they had to go through...

I don't know how anybody can predict things. I know they say the economy is slowing. But my brother in law, and sister are thinking the stuff is going to hit the fan, if you know what I mean? Thoughts? I guess some people did predict the last downturn?

"This might be worth considering. I strongly do not recommend buying a house in this economy. If the economy gets as bad as predicted you may loose your job and then can’t make the mortgage payments as the house value drops to 50%. I know it is hard to wait but it is the prudent thing to do.

Kind regards"

GF's dad is a moron.

If it's a "buyer's market", that means buyers have the advantage, so you should be a buyer. It's clear that he doesn't understand the terminology, so I wouldn't trust his opinion.

Interest rates are still at all time lows. You should take advantage of that.

Home prices are still lower than they were eight years ago. You should take advantage of that, too....

....Gf's dad is telling us not to buy a house right now. ....

That's almost certainly the advice I would give my daughter if she was a GF, and it wouldn't have anything to do with a buyer or seller's market.

Since you all are GF and BF, and are contemplating a real estate purchase, the two of you might want to consider a visit with a qualified professional in your state to discuss the various ways of taking title to the property and how they affect each of your rights while you are alive, and after the death of one or the other of you, or if it doesn't work and you need to split the sheets.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
What the mainstream media is currently saying about Russia in US? Are they demanding direct conflict?

At least one of them is saying that we've been had, and pretty badly at that, by Mr. Putin. A real embarassment.

I've not heard any calls for a direct conflict.

Originally Posted By: Win
Originally Posted By: Nebroch
What the mainstream media is currently saying about Russia in US? Are they demanding direct conflict?

At least one of them is saying that we've been had, and pretty badly at that, by Mr. Putin. A real embarassment.

I've not heard any calls for a direct conflict.
Our government has [had] us more that Comrade Putin has ever [had] us. And yes it is an embarrassment. We have pretty much messed up the middle east more than it is messed up naturally.

My Aunt lived though the great depression...we've got it made compared to what they had to go through...

Exactly. Our slice of the world in North America is far from perfect, and there's always room for improvement. However, the constant Chicken Little and naysaying attitudes out there really have to go. I'm not sleeping outside. I'm not digging through garbage cans for food. I'm not working 16 hour days in a sweatshop for $1 a week. And I don't have a government that is trying to kill me, all the while making no bones about it. I don't have to walk two miles to obtain drinking water each day, and then fear that the water is going to make me sick to the point I need a hospital that doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, there is a very significant population on this planet that lives through one or more of these issues (and others that haven't been mentioned) each and every day of their lives.

O
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Kind regards"

GF's dad is a moron.

If it's a "buyer's market", that means buyers have the advantage, so you should be a buyer. It's clear that he doesn't understand the terminology, so I wouldn't trust his opinion.

Interest rates are still at all time lows. You should take advantage of that.

Home prices are still lower than they were eight years ago. You should take advantage of that, too....

Read my edited post. I typed "buyer's market" by mistake. I meant to type "seller's market". He's definitely no moron. He has a few savings accounts with several hundred thousand dollars in each. He knows how to cost cut and save money like no one I've ever known. He's telling us to wait and buy a house once it becomes a buyer's market again.

Last edited:
He's definitely no moron. He has a few savings accounts with several hundred dollars in each.

Is the word "thousand" missing in that sentence?

Originally Posted By: Benito
He's definitely no moron. He has a few savings accounts with several hundred dollars in each.

Haha yeah good catch! This stupid phone can't catch up to how fast I can type :p Yeah he's got probably $100,000-$200,000 in two different accounts.

Originally Posted By: Benito

I would have said that spreading your savings out can be a good thing, but that might be a little much.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back