How do you think this would have turn out w/o CCW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've shot at people before in a similar situation, and never wanted those people to die. I only wanted to save my own life, and the lives of innocents. I had absolutely nothing to do with those people in the first place, and wanted nothing to do with them afterward.

I'm a gun owner, but "Clark Kent" is not on my CCW. Whether they lived or died after they got out of my face is for two different authorities to decide.

Owning a firearm for me is about protecting life; not doling out death. I'm not a soldier at war, and even if I were I'm not going to get off on the slaughter of another human being.

So many gun aficionados spend so much time lusting the killing of human beings, it's no wonder anti-gun ideology has gained so much traction.

Originally Posted By: 2004tdigls
Between 2004 and 2013, 313 Americans were killed in international and domestic terrorist attacks -- during the same time 316,545 Americans died by firearms.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/04/opinions/steve-israel-thousands-die-america-doesnt-act/index.html

nice safe country, to put things in perspective this is virtually the identical death toll for the Syrian War to date

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/17/middleeast/syria-civil-war-by-the-numbers/

its interesting that the UN is calling for intervention in Syria when in realty its almost as dangerous to live in Detroit as it is Damascus

perhaps intervention in the US (undeclared) civil war is next??
Looking at your big number there. 2/3 were suicides. If you take out Chicago, Baltimore, DC, Philly, Detroit, and a few other places there goes most of the rest.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
It's unfortunate the scum bags survived. The son needs to get some range time and learn how to make the first shot a deadly shot. Head shots son,head shots! Right between the eyes.

It's also unfortunate that the ambulance carrying said scum could've pretended to have gotten lost of have mechanical trouble so the scum could've bled out.

That is such a ridiculous thing to say! The guy scored two center mass shots- both were to the chest. Thats where you aim for... not the head. The odds of hitting a moving target in the head are far lower than center mass, which means the likelyhood of collateral dage is greater. Also you don't shoot to kill, ONLY to stop the threat- and it worked perfectly.

Guess I need to add an addendum to my post:

If a chest shot is all he could initially pull off,THEN it's head shots between the eyes into the front of the brain to finish them off,leaving the scum DEAD.

Even more of an idiotic statement!

As was said- you shoot until they stop the threat on your life. If it means they turn tail and run at the sight of a gun, then so be it. If you hit them in the pinky finger and they run away- great. If you hit them in the heart and they crumple up and die- oh well. What they all have in common is the attack stopped. If you put them down with a non fatal shot and the attack ceases and you walk up and cap them in the head- that's no longer self defense. In fact, it's murder and you can very easily go away for the rest of your life.

It's because of moronic statements like this that people who are anti CCW or 2A can gain traction. And quite frankly they'd have merit. People who think like this should not be permitted to own a gun, let alone carry one. Now before you go all accusational and call me "Thug Hugger"- I most certainly am not. I fully believe in 2A and CCW. In fact I carry everyday and fully believe that if someone died trying to attack a CCW holder, then so be it. No tears will be spilled from me.

Three people attack your father and you would have a problem ending their lives? What if they killed your father? Scum like that has no business breathing air and existing. In Texas you have the legal right to end their lives. They have the intent to kill you and your father. You injure them,they decide to turn back,maybe pull out their firearm or other weapon and kill you and your father. Sorry,no sympathy from me for said scum.

Guess I need to add an addendum to my post:

If a chest shot is all he could initially pull off,THEN it's head shots between the eyes into the front of the brain to finish them off,leaving the scum DEAD.

As was said- you shoot until they stop the threat on your life. If it means they turn tail and run at the sight of a gun, then so be it. If you hit them in the pinky finger and they run away- great. If you hit them in the heart and they crumple up and die- oh well. What they all have in common is the attack stopped. If you put them down with a non fatal shot and the attack ceases and you walk up and cap them in the head- that's no longer self defense. In fact, it's murder and you can very easily go away for the rest of your life.

It's because of moronic statements like this that people who are anti CCW or 2A can gain traction. And quite frankly they'd have merit. People who think like this should not be permitted to own a gun, let alone carry one. Now before you go all accusational and call me "Thug Hugger"- I most certainly am not. I fully believe in 2A and CCW. In fact I carry everyday and fully believe that if someone died trying to attack a CCW holder, then so be it. No tears will be spilled from me.

Three people attack your father and you would have a problem ending their lives? What if they killed your father? Scum like that has no business breathing air and existing. In Texas you have the legal right to end their lives. They have the intent to kill you and your father. You injure them,they decide to turn back,maybe pull out their firearm or other weapon and kill you and your father. Sorry,no sympathy from me for said scum.

Wait... This is a joke, right? You're trolling me aren't you?

Because if it's not, then you must have read the first 6 words of my reply and flew off the handle and started smashing keys on the keyboard.

Just in case though, lets recount... NO! I don't have a problem with ending a person's life if defending my own or that of others. NO! I'm not going execute them if the initial shot(s) didn't kill them, but succeeded in making them stop attacking. YES! If they decide they want more after being shot the first time, then YES! I will do it again if necessary to stop their attack.

Look man- Texas may be more generous than most state with their firearms and use of force laws, but there is not a snow ball's chance you could get away with shooting a person again after they went down for the sole purpose of killing them. You may have the right to use deadly force and kill if necessary in defense, but you're not licensed to kill once there is no immediate need to defend there 007.

Last edited:

Because if it's not, then you must have read the first 6 words of my reply and flew off the handle and started smashing keys on the keyboard.

What the [censored] are you talking about??

Well, you said:

In response to what I had just said:

This prompted me to ask what kind of joke this was and to further clarify my already clear stance on the topic.

What am I talking about? I guess the fact that either your reading comprehension is so low that you failed to get the pertinent info from my post, you're straight up trolling me or you simply have a hard on to kill someone. If you have a hard to kill someone, I hope you're never caught, because your understanding of the laws is seriously lacking.

Well, you said:

In response to what I had just said:

This prompted me to ask what kind of joke this was and to further clarify my already clear stance on the topic.

What am I talking about? I guess the fact that either your reading comprehension is so low that you failed to get the pertinent info from my post, you're straight up trolling me or you simply have a hard on to kill someone. If you have a hard to kill someone, I hope you're never caught, because your understanding of the laws is seriously lacking.

[censored] dude do you have a crush on me or something? Sorry bro,I'm not into guys. You better stalk and follow around someone else.

What's this? If you don't have a leg to stand on you resort to name calling and childish behavior?

Wow man... grow up.

What's this? If you don't have a leg to stand on you resort to name calling and childish behavior?

Wow man... grow up.

I never called you any names. Re read all my posts on this topic. I called the scum bags scum,because that's what they are. I just can't wrap my head around all this criminal sympathy that seems to be the "hip" thing these days. And by the way I'm very flattered that you like to follow me around on the forum here. I know I'm hot :),but like I said,I'm not interested so please take your affections some place else.

It's unfortunate the scum bags survived. The son needs to get some range time and learn how to make the first shot a deadly shot. Head shots son,head shots! Right between the eyes.

It's also unfortunate that the ambulance carrying said scum could've pretended to have gotten lost of have mechanical trouble so the scum could've bled out.

Totally agreed, when you shoot in this kind of situation you need to
be prepared to KILL every time with as few shots as possible, I'd aim for the head. Very important that the perps are facing you and INSIDE the residence. Also don't forget that even bare hands can be considered a deadly weapon so you have every right to shoot if you feel a perp has a physical strength advantage.

I don't understand why there is ANY sympathy for scum like this.
It's mind boggling.

I never called you any names. Re read all my posts on this topic. I called the scum bags scum,because that's what they are. I just can't wrap my head around all this criminal sympathy that seems to be the "hip" thing these days. And by the way I'm very flattered that you like to follow me around on the forum here. I know I'm hot :),but like I said,I'm not interested so please take your affections some place else.

What blows my mind is that some folks can't grasp that the potential MURDERER of someones father if merely injured but survives to fully recover is just as likely to harm someone else in the future!
These creatures DO NOT CHANGE! Personally if we can eliminate that scum with the initial incident we save future innocent lives from potential harm or death.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Also don't forget that even bare hands can be considered a deadly weapon so you have every right to shoot if you feel a perp has a physical strength advantage.

Not to mention if they do try coming at you, they can try and take your own gun and shoot you with it. A cop would shoot the guy in the same situation.

These creatures DO NOT CHANGE!

Rehabilitation is impossible. Violence has nothing to do with situations. It is just a fact some people are born violent and that cannot be changed.

Personally if we can eliminate that scum with the initial incident we save future innocent lives from potential harm or death.

For the sake of all future humanity, people should be killed at the first sign of violence.

"Scum" Merle Haggard did multiple prison stints for violent offenses (violent muggings, robbery, etc.). This "creature" should have been dead after the first one in your world.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

"Scum" Merle Haggard did multiple prison stints for violent offenses (violent muggings, robbery, etc.). This "creature" should have been dead after the first one in your world.

Yes, being an entertainer is so critical to society.
Like we'd be worse off with one less, especially a violent
mugger victimizing multiple innocents .
smirk.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy.gif

No doubt he could have just as easily killed one of his victims.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt

You watch too many movies. Headshots in a violent and stressful situation, with moving targets that don't care to be shot, is kinda hard. Your slow firing at paper 10 yards away isn't real life stuff. In a gunfight any solid hit is a great hit.

+1

Aquarius- Head shots are a poor idea in a gunfight. Put them center mass where you'll do damage and be more likely to connect.

You're also confused about when lethal force is justified. You need to get some training.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

You watch too many movies. Headshots in a violent and stressful situation, with moving targets that don't care to be shot, is kinda hard. Your slow firing at paper 10 yards away isn't real life stuff. In a gunfight any solid hit is a great hit.

+1

Aquarius- Head shots are a poor idea in a gunfight. Put them center mass where you'll do damage and be more likely to connect.

You're also confused about when lethal force is justified. You need to get some training.

Yes, center of mass is better and quicker and easier unless it is known that the person being shot at has body armor. But if you have a rifle body armor probably will not make much difference.

Double tap to center of mass, and if that does not work-body armor drill.

Even professional snipers in Iraq were sometimes shooting at center of mass, because they had so many targets and center of mass was quicker and they could shoot at more targets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

+1

Deadly force in that scenario is 100% legal in Texas. One of my closest childhood friends is a Dallas police officer. If those primates have pulled that stunt here,they'd been eliminated and the eliminator would be a hero.

Deadly force in that scenario is 100% legal in Texas. One of my closest childhood friends is a Dallas police officer. If those primates have pulled that stunt here,they'd been eliminated and the eliminator would be a hero.

In another state I also have a residence in the castle law states that you don't even have to be in your home to use deadly force on your property in addition you have the right to use deadly force to protect your property as well, such as automobiles, ect.

I was born in one of the most northern states in the continental USA and have a very difficult time understanding why some here want to protect criminals that commit felonies, especially felonies that cause serious injury to innocent persons. I don't mind stating my feelings on the matter at all! If a perp puts my family in harms way and I have the legal remedy to eliminate that actor, I will do so, without any hesitation pleased to eliminate their ability to do any future harm to other innocent persons. Period.

Last edited:
I've always loved how people are so obsessed with headshots, when the most successful professional killers in history were center-mass shooters. Chances of running into a desperate criminal with body armor is practically nothing.

But I do appreciate that people do go on about it. It's a solid indication that they have never been in a firefight in their lives.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I've always loved how people are so obsessed with headshots, when the most successful professional killers in history were center-mass shooters. Chances of running into a desperate criminal with body armor is practically nothing.

But I do appreciate that people do go on about it. It's a solid indication that they have never been in a firefight in their lives.

You can't deny that a head shot will immediately stop the perp in their tracks, it is true that you need to be a very accurate shot.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back