Tread Life Warranty are Next to Useless ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelin has treadwear warranty for Xi3. I think it is 40K miles.

There goes your "noone warranties snow tires for obvious reasons"

Krzys

PS It is still pretty useless but there is one ;-)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azjake
Here's another reason why. Most warranties require the tread to be at 2/32 an inch or less. Now suppose you notice your tires wearing at a fast pace. Are you going to keep those tires on your vehicle until they get to 2/32 so you can get them replaced under warranty? At 2/32 your stopping distance is greatly increased, and driving in any rain, snow, or less than ideal weather conditions is risky.

Interesting comment from someone who lives in Arizona! Anyway, I was going to mention how I do drive in snow and ice and would never let a tire get that low in the winter.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I had a road hazard warranty honored by sams club when I was no longer a member. Took some flirting but they got it through.

You're lucky.

Some years ago I asked that question at both local Sams Club and Costco(I was a member at both warehouses), both said tread life warranty was for current paying members only. Same for battery warranty.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Interesting comment from someone who lives in Arizona!

They do get snow in Arizona, too. He's just a couple of hours away from Flagstaff.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: azjake
Here's another reason why. Most warranties require the tread to be at 2/32 an inch or less. Now suppose you notice your tires wearing at a fast pace. Are you going to keep those tires on your vehicle until they get to 2/32 so you can get them replaced under warranty? At 2/32 your stopping distance is greatly increased, and driving in any rain, snow, or less than ideal weather conditions is risky.

Interesting comment from someone who lives in Arizona! Anyway, I was going to mention how I do drive in snow and ice and would never let a tire get that low in the winter.
Surprisingly to most, there's ALOT of mountains in Arizona, and LOTS of pine trees and high country, we get a decent amount of snow. Not in Phoenix, but the rest of the state.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
DT is not the norm. They're really good about customer service. If you Google you'll find lots of complaints from people who have had issues using the tread wear warranty.

Yup, DT is great.

No.

they are FANTASTIC. Today they replaced 4 Pirelli P7 + (only had 3k on them) Which when I bought the Pirelli's I only paid for 3 due to the fact that the Michelin Defenders
did not live up to their warranty.
The P7's were the worst tire I ever had on the car (JSW) DT tried road force, checked rims and came to the conclusion that tires were BAD.
NO hassle exchange for a new set of Defenders. Car now rides perfect.
THANKS DT.(if you happen to read this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back