Chevron Delo LE 5W-40 & Ford Powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my first OC in the F-250 today with Delo and am eager to see how it does. The 6.7L can have fuel dilution issues so I will be keeping an eye on it via UOA for the first few OCs (including the FF). Anyone use this oil in a 6.7L? What are your experiences with it?

Originally Posted By: another Todd
What was your mileage at the first OC? I'm trying to decide what I will let mine go to, only 430 miles on it now. Who's doing your oil analysis.
I went to 1570 and dumped it and glad that I did-- the filter was in less than stellar shape.

For many years, I used Blackstone, but their cost has gone up twice in that time, they do not include TBN by default and the comments seem to more of an anecdote versus a scientific review. I recently became an Amsoil Preferred Customer (Thanks Pablo!) and so I will be using their kits ($19.50 versus $38.00) which are analyzed by Polaris who is fully ISO certified and has multiple labs throughout the country (there is one in Houston).

My Iolm went off yesterday so today I changed and sent in a sample, 9,710 mi.
I know this is off-topic as I use 10w-30 but just wanted to let everyone know I should have a UOA to post within a week or so.

No need to fret over following the IOLM as my last sample came back "ok for continued use". This sample will be roughly 95% highway miles which is why the mileage is longer than previous OC.

As a side note I still haven't had the "change fuel filter" message yet and I'm at 24,655 mi., I did change it while I was under there anyways as it was still the factory filters. MotorCraft filters on everything.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
What was your mileage at the first OC? I'm trying to decide what I will let mine go to, only 430 miles on it now. Who's doing your oil analysis.
I went to 1570 and dumped it and glad that I did-- the filter was in less than stellar shape.

For many years, I used Blackstone, but their cost has gone up twice in that time, they do not include TBN by default and the comments seem to more of an anecdote versus a scientific review. I recently became an Amsoil Preferred Customer (Thanks Pablo!) and so I will be using their kits ($19.50 versus $38.00) which are analyzed by Polaris who is fully ISO certified and has multiple labs throughout the country (there is one in Houston).

I'll change mine soon then, thanks. I currently have about 450 miles and will change out before 1000.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
As a side note I still haven't had the "change fuel filter" message yet and I'm at 24,655 mi., I did change it while I was under there anyways as it was still the factory filters. MotorCraft filters on everything.
Did you change the secondary filter on top of the engine as well? That one seems to be a little difficult to get to--need an elevated walkway to go around the front of the truck to make maintenance a bit easier...that filter is way up there
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

I'll change mine soon then, thanks. I currently have about 450 miles and will change out before 1000.

Why would you change your oil with less than 1000 miles on it?

Originally Posted By: packerlover
Why would you change your oil with less than 1000 miles on it?
For the same reason that I did at 1570--to get the break-in crud out of a new engine.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
That is the methodology I use with my new or factory rebuilt motors. They get early oil changes out of the gate, then go to regular OCI's.

01.gif
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back