Can anyone help identify this dash pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time identifying this dash pad. It is most likely a GM but there are no part #s or other identifying marks on the back. I believe I've checked the usual Corvette/Camaro/Monte/Chevelle suspects enough, but I could have missed it. (using yearone and ebay)

mystery_dashpad.jpg

Looks like a 77 to 81 Cadillac dash to me. Can you post pics of the bottom side and also the instrument cluster side? I might be able to give a better idea then.

Thanks so much guys! From ebay pictures, virtually certain it is in fact 79-85 Eldorado/Seville. Will revert with pics if I am still uncertain.

70's Cutlass would have had left and right 3 1/2" speaker provisions or a single 6x9 speaker grille if the car only had the AM radio. OP's dash has left and right 4x6" speaker grilles. Also that dash is way too big even for a 70's Olds. It could be out of an early 1980 to 1983 Cadillac but after that the dash pad in a Caddy was smaller and more flat. I still think it is out of a late 70's Cadillac or possibly a Buick Riviera. That dash is huge and had to be from a larger car.

I think I agree with it being from a late 70's-early 80's Eldorado. It has to be new enough for that model not to offer an AM only one speaker radio and have side window defrosters, so that leaves a really high end car from the late 70's, or a standard car from the late 80's early 90's.

I think that would rule out a 70's Olds.

Look how deep that dash is too...70's cars didn't have a dash that deep, plus those defroster vents are really nice - a basic car from the 70's wouldn't have a grille covering the opening.

Just the depth has me thinking a W-body.

And those speaker openings are for 6x9s!

My 74 Olds Cutlass had an am only radio BUT had two speakers (one on each corner of the dash). Maybe fm stereo was an option so instead of having to make two separate dash styles they just made an interchangeable am/fm stereo option one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back