Remote starter started car without me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's always been an issue. Fuel injection obviously is a big key. My Town Car had the remote start, and it was very trustworthy with it. But, I know what it's like to drive stuff that isn't!

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, it's a little questionable on a scooter. It does have some use, however, when it's -40 outside and someone doesn't want to go outside, start the vehicle, and then come back in and wait a few minutes.

Fair enough.

I suppose I've been away from life below zero for long enough to forget, plus I don't think I've had a vehicle that I'd trust to start and run at -40 without me there to "encourage" it.

Yup. I find the remote start on my car the most useful during winter. It is used pretty much daily during the cold months, but the car runs only for few minutes and will automatically shut off after ten. You just have to remember to leave the fan on and those few minutes are enough to put enough heat in the cabin to prevent the windows from fogging up the moment you step in. For me it's even worse as I have my kids with me in the morning.

However my remote doesn't have the automatic re-start ever few hours feature, so it cannot start the car without my input.

It was great when the Town Car was my daily driver and always outside. The F-150's carb was more finnicky and never had the starter. But, I use an interior warmer, too, so that makes up for it.

When I got the Town Car, it had it already. It had the old, old style very basic one. Hit the button and it starts. No settings about starting because it's hit -20 or because it hasn't run for x number of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back