Engine code P0449 & P0455 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab 6 liter engine 97,000 miles. Trouble codes P0449 & P0455 So for the last 2 weeks I have had the check engine light on. Onstar told me to tighten the gas cap which I did with negative results. Cleaned up the fill tube where the gas cap seals, negative results.

What are your thoughts? If this is an emissions issue, aren't manufacturers required to warranty anything under 100,000 miles?

Last edited:
•Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit and EVap large leak detected...

Might have faulty EVAP solenoid or wiring circuit... if I had to guess...

Emission warranty is usually only 8/80 for the emissions things covered.

BurrWinder

Along with those codes, does the gas station pump keep shutting off as you're filling your tank ?

If so, you might want to watch this video:

Inspect the rubber seal in the gas cap that seals to the filler pipe. If it is cracked, replace the cap. Or you could just try a new cap anyway.

Sounds like what I had to do with my Colorado a month ago, which was replace the tank evap solenoid.

You can reset the battery and code will go away, but will probably come back. It also will not pass inspection till you fix. Those are known to go bad, and has not much to do with filling the tank from my experience.

Its about $300+ for a dealer to do, costed me about $100, cant remember cause I had to replace an o2 sensor on the wifes car also.

But buy the real thing, comes as a whole unit new hose, plug and play, although I had to buy the wiring retrofit, as they changed the plug connector on the (solenoid), check to see if your year model requires that.

the ac delco part(same thing) is cheaper than from GM

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab 6 liter engine 97,000 miles. Trouble codes P0449 & P0455 So for the last 2 weeks I have had the check engine light on. Onstar told me to tighten the gas cap which I did with negative results. Cleaned up the fill tube where the gas cap seals, negative results.

What are your thoughts? If this is an emissions issue, aren't manufacturers required to warranty anything under 100,000 miles?

Last edited:
P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Anytime you see "Circuit" in a code description, you have an electrical fault. Diag that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back