What should I do about this nail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do repair it make sure you use a regular flat patch rather then a patch/plug. That area flexes too much.

I pulled the object out this evening and was pleased to find that it's not a nail, rather it looks like a small piece of a construction staple. Unfortunately it appears to be juuuuust long enough to have left a small leak when pulled!

A tire shop this morning opined that it should be repairable based on location. We'll see.

Originally Posted By: rationull
So I don't leave the thread hanging: the hole was REALLY small, and the tire shop patched it.

Good. If I replaced tires every time I had a nail or screw in them I'd go broke. I've had screws in similar locations on tires and had good luck with repairs.

I have plugged lots of tires, in the repairable area with good results. When my house was built,( mid 90's) there were so many nails in the gravel drive that i had flats every month for the first year. I drove all those tires until worn , without problems, well one tire had enough that i had to re-balance it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: rationull
So I don't leave the thread hanging: the hole was REALLY small, and the tire shop patched it.

Good. If I replaced tires every time I had a nail or screw in them I'd go broke. I've had screws in similar locations on tires and had good luck with repairs.

I've been lucky so far in this respect but I'm just waiting until I pay the price for having an AWD vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back