U.S. Government Questions Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Reminder: Remove company name from your truck before you sell it.

That truck wasn't "sold". Mark-1 Plumbing got paid with bullets.

Plot to end ISIS: Issue a recall for all their Toyota trucks, say its something like stuck floormats or some nonsense like that, then nab them at the dealership when they are in the waiting room at the vending machine drinking coffee.

The plumbing truck was traded in at a dealer in Texas, old story.

I think we should be trying to trace where the terrorists are getting equipment from and try to cut the supply off. The cost is minimal and the less equipment/arms in that region the better.

The brilliance of the government politician/employee. It would seem prudent to wonder where the weapons come from?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
The plumbing truck was traded in at a dealer in Texas, old story.

I might add, I don't think those are plumbers driving that truck now. Just a hunch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/17/texas-plumber-work-truck-syria-terrorists_n_6341070.html

I never heard that one! Thinking it must have been exported through Mexico(?); being a Texas truck means thats likely. Too strange. Feeling sorry for the TX plumber dudes, as they have been getting threatening phone calls/faxes since.

Maybe when the terrorists have gotten hold of enough of the newer vehicles with GPS, built in Cellular etc, the intelligence services could simply disable them remotely.

Snowden just released information that any smartphone can be taken over by NSA / GCHQ including turning on the mic when the phone is off, so I'm sure it's possible.

If you are getting shot at by a 50 caliber mounted in the bed of a pickup, does it really matter whether it is a chevy, ford, dodge or Toyota?

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
If you are getting shot at by a 50 caliber mounted in the bed of a pickup, does it really matter whether it is a chevy, ford, dodge or Toyota?

Does that void the warranty?

I can see this thread discussion spawning another discussion titled "Best Oil to Use While on a Kiling Spree Across the Desert"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
They can't control the bad guys getting guns....why do they think they can prevent them from getting Toyotas?

Exactly.

Our friggan guberment at work.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch
If the terrorists would've chosen S-10 pickups, we'd have won the war on terror years ago.

I had an S-10 that outlasted many a Toyota.

And I've seen S-10's that were falling apart at 65,000 miles.

But hey, you drive your S-10 and I'll drive my Toyota, and we can still be friends.

Just goes to show that our government is simply doing "something" even if that something is stupid.

Does our government believe Toyota is supplying ISIS? Maybe Toyota trucks are real popular over in the middle east and easy to get a hold of.

Are they going to accuse clothing companies that make black clothes of supplying ISIS?

3264_zpsdkyl478i.jpg

Don't leave out the Toyota Hummers. ISIS acquired 2300 of them, in just one city.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ju...forces-in-mosul

Last edited:

But hey, you drive your S-10 and I'll drive my Toyota, and we can still be friends.

I haven't seen one fall apart at 65k, mine is still going strong at well over 200k. Why you gotta bash? That doesn't like someone who wants to be friends.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay

Yes it does!

Statistically a Hilux would probably get you killed more often than a Dodge or Chevy or Ford... It is probably the most durable truck ever in 3rd world condition.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

I haven't seen one fall apart at 65k, mine is still going strong at well over 200k. Why you gotta bash? That doesn't like someone who wants to be friends.

I guess I'm just a basher Dishdude, but a friendly basher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back