My 95 f250 has a cabin air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called windows. I wonder if a lot of the new cabin filters are too protect the blower motors more so then the quality of air were breathing.

I had a cabin filter in a 95 Ford Contour. They do really work, I had a friend who had a bad case of allergies so once on a long road trip, every time he would get out of the car, he'd start sneezing, once he got back in, it all stopped. Usually when changing them out, they're usually black with pollen.

The old 2005 LaSabre I drive belonged to my parents. The cabin air filter was never installed by factory, now the air blower heater box has junk in it and only the angels know how to take it apart underneath the dash. If one can stand on his head you can get to the screws and such, but I most likely would mess it up..I'm sure it is full of xyxllmnop stuff.

Living in farm country, I can tell you they do their job. Especially this time of year. It is dry and all the farms around me are picking. The interior on my older F150 is always dusty. Its once a week I'm cleaning off the dash and gauge panel. The other vehicles we have, do have cabin air filters and the interiors are a lot cleaner. Furthermore, the other vehicles get used more than the F150

I wish my 2009 F150 had a filter like my 2005 Sienna. the interior stays a lot cleaner and I don't have to worry about my fan and ducts getting leaves a gunk in them.

Ever seen the trash an AC evaporator without a cabin filter takes on over the years? It's disgusting, and reduces the performance of the evaporator, or destroys it. Also results in other issues, like flooding of the evaporator box due to that garbage clogging the drain.

I've even put cabin filters in my cars that never came with them. I bought a kit for my Ram, I'm using a "cut-to-fit" MERV 13 filter for my Caprice and Charger made to fit the intakes and recirculation intakes. Same way they do it for most secondary rear AC systems.

I almost never have to turn on recirculate to keep out the bad smells. Even exhaust smells don't make it past them.

They definitely work. Last year my elm tree generated a ton of seed pods and when I changed out my cabin filter that July, the thing was packed with the pods. If the filter wasn't there, they'd have been shredded by the blower and then sent to the Sonata's interior for me to inhale.

hurr durr changing out my cabin air filter:

002-7.jpg

That's exactly the problem that cabin filters solve right there.

If your home AC needs a filter to operate indoors, then what does an AC system need to operate outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back