Too many additives to choose from!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jagtuner28
I know, they aren't the coolest mods but they have done something for me. I did manage to get 39hp out of what I've done so far according to the dyno, and my electricals work wonderfully thanks to all the grounding especially when I've got everything turned on. That might not be cool to you but for an old Jag owner electricals that work well are a beautiful sight.
Joseph Lucas.... "Because gentlemen don't drive at night".

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I wouldn't just go pour anything in my car but I am a critical thinker and don't necessarily swallow the oil company's kool-aid.

its been fine ever since I put the restore in there.

... methinks maybe not so much of a critical thinker.

Ha.

That's funny

Originally Posted By: ChiaroBlue
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I believe he was referring to the MAJOR worldwide oil companies, and 'on the shelf' type additives which are so hated and despised on here.
wink.gif

Millers is a specialty, 'boutique' oil company, and the WS2 they use (which DOES stay in suspension), is NOT a 'snake oil' type of 'on the shelf' additive.

Yes, and I do understand very well why it should generally be considered a bad idea to use an 'on the shelf' type additive from e.g. Bob's Additives Inc. However, for me its becomes less clear why it would necessarily be a bad idea if the additive comes from a sufficiently large oil company, and that oil compnay states that the additive is beneficial and neutral in respect to add-packs in commercially available oils (and if user reviews seem to be good as well). It may very well be a waste of money, but that is a another question.

I have had a very good experience with Millers nanodrive gear oils, by the way. If I did not know that I will be immediately shot down for providing anecdotal evidence, I would claim that I have noticed an improvement in fuel mileage after using it in the diffs of my Audi Q7...
smile.gif

I'm NOT arguing with you, as I actually AGREE with you on the known/major 'on the shelf' additives.
I was just explaining the hatred for ALL & ANY additives most on here hold dear to their hearts, and their compulsion to chastise those who choose to even try them.
wink.gif

BTW; You do not have to sell me on the Millers Nanodrive stuff, as I was one of the first on here to try both their CFS 5W-40 NT oil, and their CRX 75W-140 NT gear oils (yes, DESPITE so many on here even calling THESE products "snake oil" :rolleyes: ).

My noisy 10 bolt rear axle's ring and pinion was MUCH quieter after installing that Millers gear oil, and if I were not currently trying other companies' products, I would go back to that despite the expense, and trouble getting it sent to me.

Also, IF I cannot find the Pennzoil Platinum LX Euro 0W-30 (Shell Helix to you) I want to try this winter, I may try to get the Millers CFS 0W-30 NT for my next (winter) OCI.
wink.gif

Besides, Martin Prokop uses, and is sponsored by them, and I like rooting for the privateers in WRC.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back