CQuartz UK on 2011 BMW 135i (LeMans Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Im slowly but surely getting CQuartz UK on all my cars. Reason being that it is a resilient coating that is easy to put on, and can be applied as a system with HydrO2 and HydroFoam, as well as Reload, Reset, etc.

So like the others, I used Dawn and then Iron X. This car drips water in an odd way... Not sure why. Perhaps this is an effect of the Zaino?

FX1_5088b_zpsbq3lni7l.jpg

FX1_5098_zpsgxwfwcqi.jpg

FX1_5090_zpsohupq8lx.jpg

After just washing and drying, the car looks pretty darn good...

FX1_5099_zpsfwg3pazz.jpg

After the wash, Iron X, blow and blot dry, then used Optimum Hyper Polish on a Lake County CCS Green pad. There were a few instances of marring on the hood which were easily taken care of. There were some other impact spots just from driving (car has 13k miles) that went away, but others remain. Is what it is. Im going for protection, not trying to pull a ton of clear coat in the interest of ultimate correction. And most spots one wouldn't see unless they knew where to look.

After that, used Eraser, then applied CQuartz UK. I didn't have a spare large suede towel, so I hope I don't end up with high spots... Doing the sides with a small 20x20cm suede was not easy... Wiped down with a microfiber after though.

But the car really glows! A few spots I went I couldn't really get the angles right for some really great reflection shots, but these will do...

FX1_5116b_zpsqbpvi10x.jpg

FX1_5101_zpsyld9o5br.jpg

FX1_5100_zpstfctxxob.jpg

FX1_5109_zpsadxjlmde.jpg

FX1_5103_zps7k5qpv1y.jpg

FX1_5102_zpskp5bdavq.jpg

FX1_5107_zpseaaaggxf.jpg

FX1_5105_zpsmdltp7xc.jpg

FX1_5108_zpsiabmczcx.jpg

FX1_5114_zpshcca1xxx.jpg

FX1_5111_zpsomsrryvc.jpg

FX1_5123_zps1jsl9kvi.jpg

FX1_5120_zps3x6uxezw.jpg

FX1_5121_zpsibznmcye.jpg

FX1_5128_zpsctgevvbv.jpg

FX1_5106_zpshei4d9mj.jpg

That looks great!

Meanwhile, I've gone the opposite direction, only cleaning my car with a brush and bucket of soapy water once a month. Someday I'll have a nice car again that I want to keep looking nice. I wish BMW offered the 328d with a manual transmission. Sigh.

Beautiful work! I appreciate you posting these up for us to view. I love to see other's interest in car detailing, I am not alone!

Originally Posted By: GenSan
Beautiful!

Both the car and the Cooper River.

The boathouse or the sailing club give it away?
wink.gif

They both did.

I went to high school just a stone's throw across the river. I've jogged around that river 100s of times in my youth and I own an office complex just walking distance from there so the backdrops were just all to familiar to me.

Have a hoagie for me ;-)

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
beautiful! Nice car! i love the color.

Apparently BMW gets that a contrast in color between a car's interior and its exterior makes for a striking look. There are certain cars I wouldn't mind having, but (I'm looking at you, GM and Ford) the only interior colors available are black or dark gray.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Wow, nice job on BMW.

How much time needed from start to finish?

Each car takes between 5-7 hours!! But that's a solid wash/dry, polish, rub out, coating, etc.

CQuartz is relatively easy to apply, but it is a slow process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back