Silverado FK1000p + FK#425 w/Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a follow up to my previous thread. I've used the products on the truck. I did a thorough hand wash with Dawn blue dish soap first. I dried the truck thoroughly and pulled it into my uncles air conditioned lift bay and waxed it with the FK1000p. It buffed off pretty easy. I would say it came off about as easy as Nu-Finish does.

After the Wax job i considered giving it another coat, but i decided against it as it already took a couple hours waxing the whole truck and topper. I topped the wax up with the #425 detailer and it really brought the finish to life. The paint was slick and shiny with the Fk1000p, but after i applied the #425 spray to the whole thing it really shined up nice and became more reflective and deep.

White is not the best for good reflections like darker colors, but it was pretty reflective.

Here are a few pictures. I apologize for the low quality. you can see some stuff that is in the shop in the reflection if you look close! Driving home tonight the stop lights and street lights looked clear in the refection of the hood. She is ready to head south To Mississippi Tomorrow!

Last edited:
I love clean, white vehicles. You're right, they don't reflect quite the same, but they sure look clean and sharp when kept up like you have!

Excellent work OP, thanks for sharing! White is one of those colors that can look dingy if not cared for, but put some work into it and you can make it pop! Here is a pic of my Taffeta White Accord that I polished a couple weeks back...
20150918_1322271_zpsak6lwvxn.jpg

Thanks, Guys! I love white vehicles because they hide dirt well between washes and polishes. They also just look great IMO. They hide imperfections well also.

This one gets washed at least once a week with Ice wash/wax and it stays pretty reflective.

I have high hopes for this combo. I plan to continue my normal routine of washing with the Ice, however i will likely finish up with the #425 a couple times a month to keep the deep look and keep the water shedding up. Hopefully this combo will be durable this winter.

VERY nice!

I'll pick-up some #425 since you're review was so good.
thumbsup2.gif

Looks good!!

You'll notice that it will actually look better after a few days. Or after the first wash.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
You'll notice that it will actually look better after a few days. Or after the first wash.

+1, a sealant normally takes 24 hours or so to properly cure. Which is why I wouldn't be spraying detailer on it right afterwards. I'd wait till the next wash or 24 hours at a minimum. Just to increase durability. It does look great though!

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
+1, a sealant normally takes 24 hours or so to properly cure. Which is why I wouldn't be spraying detailer on it right afterwards. I'd wait till the next wash or 24 hours at a minimum. Just to increase durability. It does look great though!

I agree with satinsilver about not spraying detailer on it afterwards. I'm sure you didn't do any harm, but it just seems like all sealants need a bit of "cure" time.

I put 4 coats on my Honda over 2 weeks time as it sat in my garage. After the first coat, I'd apply FK1000P right after dinner and buff it off the next day (24 hours later).

I haven't applied any further coats to my Accord since then, but I can tell you, it's still as shiny as it ever was. And it beads water like no one's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back