CQuartz UK on 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid (black)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I bought this car new in August, but have not washed it yet due to fears of marring black paint. So far, it seems that my technique did not do any damage, and the paint reflects great. Unfortunately the day I did it, and the days after, it was really cloudy, so getting daytime reflection shots was tough. So I was able to get some at night with artificial light.

The car new:

DB27C46F-324C-4BFD-A2EA-FC92E0E546BD_zps4asorof9.jpg

So my prep process was to use Dawn to strip anything on there (questionable as to if it is needed, and it does leave a bit of residue, but I used it successfully before, so I did it again). Then while still wet after the rinse, I applied iron-x and agitated, then did a good deluge to rinse. Blow and blot dry after that.

Once dry, I use Optimum Hyper Polish on a Lake County CCS green pad to minimize the cut sine the car is brand new and the paint is very clean. After polishing, I wipe down with CarPro Eraser to remove any oils.

After that, apply the CQuartz UK finish. I usually apply a small section, wiping with the suede towel after each small area, and then wiping with a microfiber once I finish the whole panel. Its a little bit slow, but it works well.

The results look good to me:

FX1_4916_zpslnft68fx.jpg

FX1_4915_zpsubreupfr.jpg

FX1_4918_zpsg0khlylh.jpg

FX1_4917_zpsj6wdj2ji.jpg

A day or two later, I did see some odd spots come out when it was just about at the point when water condenses on the car...

46FB05C1-CE31-4D7B-BF9D-16FA12E86F47_zpsq4bmte63.jpg

63A57FFE-2E4D-47BE-B313-D09E9E4C05E1_zpsfti2iovl.jpg

But the car beads and sheds water like crazy.

6AD2C129-BE00-4878-A348-34D550503B73_zpstzxrjjmi.jpg

F38DAE46-375E-4B2A-8665-C846429C0544_zpsbevidpp0.jpg

Pretty happy with this stuff!!

Nice job. Congrats on the result. It's a satisfying feeling to put in the work and see it work.

I recently clayed and polished my vehicles and finished with Collinite. Washed them the other day with a pressure washer and was reminded why I put the effort in in the first place.

Looks great, I've always like the look of black cars beading.

I took a picture of my black VW beading after a wax and rain a while back, and use it as my phone's wallpaper

v5da9f.png

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I bought this car new in August, but have not washed it yet due to fears of marring black paint. So far, it seems that my technique did not do any damage, and the paint reflects great. Unfortunately the day I did it, and the days after, it was really cloudy, so getting daytime reflection shots was tough. So I was able to get some at night with artificial light.

The car new:

DB27C46F-324C-4BFD-A2EA-FC92E0E546BD_zps4asorof9.jpg

So my prep process was to use Dawn to strip anything on there (questionable as to if it is needed, and it does leave a bit of residue, but I used it successfully before, so I did it again). Then while still wet after the rinse, I applied iron-x and agitated, then did a good deluge to rinse. Blow and blot dry after that.

Once dry, I use Optimum Hyper Polish on a Lake County CCS green pad to minimize the cut sine the car is brand new and the paint is very clean. After polishing, I wipe down with CarPro Eraser to remove any oils.

After that, apply the CQuartz UK finish. I usually apply a small section, wiping with the suede towel after each small area, and then wiping with a microfiber once I finish the whole panel. Its a little bit slow, but it works well.

The results look good to me:

FX1_4916_zpslnft68fx.jpg

FX1_4915_zpsubreupfr.jpg

FX1_4918_zpsg0khlylh.jpg

FX1_4917_zpsj6wdj2ji.jpg

A day or two later, I did see some odd spots come out when it was just about at the point when water condenses on the car...

46FB05C1-CE31-4D7B-BF9D-16FA12E86F47_zpsq4bmte63.jpg

63A57FFE-2E4D-47BE-B313-D09E9E4C05E1_zpsfti2iovl.jpg

But the car beads and sheds water like crazy.

6AD2C129-BE00-4878-A348-34D550503B73_zpstzxrjjmi.jpg

F38DAE46-375E-4B2A-8665-C846429C0544_zpsbevidpp0.jpg

Pretty happy with this stuff!!

Beautiful car, and nice work! I absolutely hate it when I wash my car and then it rains shortly after...all that work to get it looking perfect only to have the rain mess up the finish. Drives me nuts (I may have a problem)
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Beautiful car, and nice work! I absolutely hate it when I wash my car and then it rains shortly after...all that work to get it looking perfect only to have the rain mess up the finish. Drives me nuts (I may have a problem)
wink.gif

That why I never wash my cars in winter because we may have some rain between Nov and April, usually little sprinkle once or twice a month and that's really mess up the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back