Difficult loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Bersa Firestorm 380 and, find it very difficult to load the cartridges into the clip. The problem is that the spring and the pull back, which is small, is causing me problems. I have lubed the slide with silicone lube and it helped slightly. Is there a better way? Thanks so much. Ed Hayes

Originally Posted By: mpersell
Look for one of the magazine loaders for .380 size magazines and cases, like an UpLula.

There is no way I would shoot semi auto pistols without an UpLula.

Originally Posted By: mpersell
Look for one of the magazine loaders for .380 size magazines and cases, like an UpLula
Or you will end up with the biggest thumb in town.

Yes definitely get one! I can load any mag by hand and didn't see the need for one until my wife started shooting some too. Got one for her at the recommendation of a (now gone) really sharp guy at a local outdoors/sporting goods outfitter. Out of laziness/curiosity I used it too- never again will I load another double stack mag without one!

My gen 4 glock 19 came with a small plastic speed loader thing, is an UpLULA still worth it over the stock loader?

It's not terrible to load with the speed loader as is, but i'm curious now.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
My gen 4 glock 19 came with a small plastic speed loader thing, is an UpLULA still worth it over the stock loader?

Thanks!

Yes, get an UpLula. It's the best $30.00 you'll ever spend on the pistol shooting sports.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

Thanks!

Not in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I've never had a problem loading mags.

Some are harder than others. My gun is single stack and it's easy to load it by hand. My father in law has a double stack (S&W M&P 9mm) and it's almost impossible, after the first few, to load by hand.

Where the UpLula really comes into play is loading 30+ round 9 MM magazines for either Glocks, or else 9 MM AR-15's. I have a Rock River Arms 9 MM AR-15, and the magazines are all but impossible to load to full capacity by hand. The last 5 rounds are very tight.

Not with the UpLula. They load in a snap. I've found the only people who don't speak highly of them, are people who have never used them. It's a product that sells itself once you use it, or let someone else. I found out about them at my club range, when a guy let me use his. I was so impressed I stopped on the way home at Cabela's and bought 2 of them.

If it's a new mag, I've found that loading it full and leaving it loaded for a week helps quite a bit. The new springs will take a set.

My M&P Shield was a bear to load when I got it, after letting the mag sit loaded for a while it's much easier although the last round can be a little stiff.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The problem is that the spring and the pull back, which is small, is causing me problems.

What do you mean here? Are you saying it is hard to rack the slide, in addition to the magazine (you called it a clip) being hard to load?

If you are having a hard time racking the slide, you need to change your technique. The proper way to rack the slide is in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiOq_uvCmg

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I have lubed the slide with silicone lube and it helped slightly.

Silicone lube? On a gun? Never heard of such a thing. Just use a good gun oil (Breakfree, Weaponshield, M Pro-7, Slip 2000, etc). Remoil, while readily available, is not a good gun oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back