Any Cisco Experts Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to see if I can set up Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client 3.1 to VPN in to my workplace and my wife's workplace (obviously at different times!) but using the same home desktop computer.

I already hacked the AnyConnect profile file to add her remote server hostname and host address entry but apparently either the software is too smart (or too dumb) and crashed promptly and I could not VPN in to either of the workplace.

I went through some magic to get back to square one. I am suspecting hand changes to the xml files are not allowed by the Cisco software and there is nothing that I can see in the user interface to provide different VPN remote server.

Is this by design? There should be a portable VPN client which can be used dynamically from any desktop but then we are talking about a big company which does not have users' best interest at heart :-(

Last edited:
Instead of a vpn we just use gotomypc.

It is the only citrix product I like, I can remote into the desktop from anywhere.

I guess if you don't have install rights, you could setup teamviewer and just run the exe directly.

Not really an anyconnect expert. We use anyconnect, but also have a web interface where I can go to the same address entered into anyconnect and gain access via my browser. You might try that. I also use openconnect on my Linux box when anyconnect is having issues. Is there an openconnect built for windows?

Finally, can you install a 2nd instance in a different directory?

Frankly, I do my VPN stuff in a virtual machine, leaving the host OS free to do its thing without the VPN tunnel. BITOG on the host OS and work in the VBox maching on the VPN.

AnyConnect can certainly be used to connect to multiple sites. Are you not getting AnyConnect coming up and prompting you with a drop-down as to which host you want to connect to?

It turned out it was lot more easier than I thought! I did not know one could really type in the drop-down menu. Once I typed the server address by hand, I was able to go to different servers.

I tried to modify that list by editing one of the profile file and it ended up in a disaster but I was able to recover from that.

Then I tried OpenConnect and another one with no success.

Eventually I just thought to enter the address in the dropdown menu and it worked. To tell you the truth, I felt quite stupid :-(

Originally Posted By: Vikas
It turned out it was lot more easier than I thought! I did not know one could really type in the drop-down menu. Once I typed the server address by hand, I was able to go to different servers.

I tried to modify that list by editing one of the profile file and it ended up in a disaster but I was able to recover from that.

Then I tried OpenConnect and another one with no success.

Eventually I just thought to enter the address in the dropdown menu and it worked. To tell you the truth, I felt quite stupid :-(

LOL! Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The drop-down is there for just that reason
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back