U.S. Government Questions Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line...

"...its impossible for any automaker to completely control how vehicles could be misappropriated, stolen or resold by independent third parties."

Maybe they need end use legislation like they impose upon the firearms and weapons industries.
wink.gif

They can't control the bad guys getting guns....why do they think they can prevent them from getting Toyotas?

They upset the big three is not represented?

Bring youTube and twitter in too because they are tools used to recruit.

Last edited:
US black ops should be required to put out a bid process for such items. LOL But unfortunately Congress has no control over that part of the military.

Maybe if they drove Chevys they would be better targets for air attacks (broke down more often).
Why are they just wondering this now? The Iraq invasion of Kuait featured a lot of HiLux pickups too.

This is just downright stupid. That would be like asking why most American farmers drive Ford pickups.

In the Middle East and South America Toyota trucks are by far the most popular truck on the road. That's all there is to it. Here at home the Ford F150 is the most popular truck on the road.

Doesn't the U.S. government have something better to do with my tax dollar?

Originally Posted By: mpersell
Ahh, the rare Toyota F250...

Probably a US contractor gathered up these old trucks and shipped them overseas to the client for a handsome profit.

Originally Posted By: mpersell
Ahh, the rare Toyota F250...

Don't forget the even more rare Toyota Silverado 3500.
uWX9iuA.jpg

Probable Issil get their cars from where they get their arms, The U.S. government.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Maybe they need end use legislation like they impose upon the firearms and weapons industries.
wink.gif

"When Toyota's are outlawed, only outlaws will have Toyota's."

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

"When Toyota's are outlawed, only outlaws will have Toyota's."
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
grin2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

It's just some US official or politician looking for air time. Since doing something useful or constructive is beyond them it's time get in front of the cameras.

If I was going to drive in harm's way I'd choose a Toyota, too.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Probable Issil get their cars from where they get their arms, The U.S. government.

Essentially yes. Probably by way of a bidding contractor.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
This is just downright stupid.

Yes.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Doesn't the U.S. government have something better to do with my tax dollar?

Not with this administration, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back