Volkswagen's $2000.00 Loyalty Offer, This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
VW says, we cheated, here's $2000.00 extra money for anyone that currently owns a VW, for this month only.

Do i jump on this and buy a new VW just because its extra on sale?

What VW would you buy just to save 2k?

Golf GTI, and Golf Sportwagen look interesting.

Cool news! I do like all the product line, it depends on your needs-wants. I'm less needy and more want-ee, myself.
45.gif

Makes me wonder what the trade-in value of a "cheat diesel" TDI is at a dealership.

There is no need involved here, just frugal want. It looks like a basic 15 passat manual trans can get down to like 15k with this bribe money! So cheap.

$2,000 is nice. Similar to what I've done 3 times (1997, 2003, 2011) for a GM, using GM's cash rebate from the auto maker to contribute to a deal made at a dealership. GM MasterCard credit card accumulation account, a no-fee credit card. I've got about $3,000 off each time on average. It does make you walk away feeling a little better.
You'd be getting a Passat for Kia Soul pricing basically.

You won't be able to buy a TDI though, the company has issued a Stop-Sale order on them.

Originally Posted By: spackard
You won't be able to buy a TDI though, the company has issued a Stop-Sale order on them.
Will they let you trade in a used TDI? They can't sell it, but I guess they can hang on to it until the crisis is resolved with a recall.

I love that "California" van that they don't sell in CA or the USA at all. I would totally own that.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I love that "California" van that they don't sell in CA or the USA at all. I would totally own that.

You're telling me! I have an old GMC Savana sitting behind the house that I have been wanting to convert to AWD for a few years, but I never get around to it. I'd also be all over that VW California camper, especially if it were a Synchro. Those VW vans are very roomy. I borrowed my friend's LT 28 camper for trip a couple years back, and it was the ideal vehicle for me. I liked that van so much I modified a small model to look like it. I can't remember the name of the company that did the camper conversion. Some Nordic name starting with H. Like Heimdahl or Heyerdahl, but not either.

33jitl5.jpg

21an3lv.jpg

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: spackard
Will they let you trade in a used TDI? They can't sell it, but I guess they can hang on to it until the crisis is resolved with a recall.

You'd be expecting the dealer to pay interest on a loan, secured by a car they cannot sell. They'd probably politely tell you to sell it to a non-VW dealer or private party the first time you asked, and offer you a couple of bucks for it if you persisted. After all, whomever loans them their money ends up possibly taking possession of your used TDI and liquidating it at an auction in order to get their money back, after the brand gets the maximum hit for what they did.

2K isn't much. I'd wait until VW gets even more desperate.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

2K isn't much. I'd wait until VW gets even more desperate.
smile.gif

I agree. I'd be looking for at least double that on top of the normal negotiation.

I'm going to look at one tomorrow, a 15 base passat MT offered up in the $16k range. Very cheap, but is it still worth it? Probably not. They do make some good power after an ECU tune but if it blows up and VW goes under it won't be a good long term investment.

I couldn't remember the model of the nice VW camper I borrowed. I called my friend and asked him. It's a LT 31 Westfalia Sven Hedin with the 2.4 liter, 6 cylinder, 102 hp turbo diesel engine.

Maybe this is a simple market test to see how damaged the brand is with current owners.

I'd only buy a VW if I were offered a high rebate such as this, invoice, and free extended VW warranty bumper to bumper as long as they possibly go.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Maybe this is a simple market test to see how damaged the brand is with current owners.

I'd only buy a VW if I were offered a high rebate such as this, invoice, and free extended VW warranty bumper to bumper as long as they possibly go.

If the runaway Toyota thing is any indication, absolutely no damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back