Cooper Discoverer LSX P265/70R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these tires less than a week ago and after putting 250 miles on them in mostly rain, they ride very well and have a sure footed feel in the rain with minimal road noise on my 2005 Chevy Avalanche 2 WD 1500. The tire data plate calls for the P-metric VS the LT on the Avalanche. I think the P-metric tires will provide a softer ride anyway when compared to the LT tires which is what I'm hoping for. They were roughly $600.00 OTD after the $100.00 Visa card, which is over $330.00 less than the Michelins, which was my 1st choice. I bought a set of Cooper tires for my wife's Toyota Avalon this past spring and have been happy with them so far. I have bought Michelins for years but they seem to be pricing themselves 'out of business'...or at least 'out of my business'. Has anyone here had any experience with the Cooper Discoverer LSX tires?

Cooper's newer tires are generally above average.

Their older stuff is for the most part not very good at all.

example cooper cobra tires

They look like the CTS. I had a set of CTS on my 1997 F-150 put on at the same time as ball joints and control arms. They were supposed to be a 70,000 mile tire and mine were shot at about 25,000. They replaced them under warranty and I got the AT/3 and they seem to be wearing a little better, but there is no way I will be getting 50,000 out of them like they claim. I don't have a heavy foot either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back