Why good cops can't turn in bad cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a cop is like being in a cult or the mafia. They have no one to answer to like the rest of us. Most everyone who has a job has a boss and gets a review. These guys spend 100% of the time covering for each other. There are no consequences and they think they have a job for life no matter what they do.

We need to have laws to get these guys out and get their pensions.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Being a cop is like being in a cult or the mafia. They have no one to answer to like the rest of us. Most everyone who has a job has a boss and gets a review. These guys spend 100% of the time covering for each other. There are no consequences and they think they have a job for life no matter what they do.

Cops answer to a lot of masters. If you don't know that then you should investigate it a bit.

If your only source of information is the media then you need to go outside and experience life.

I would think that is a very presumptuous thing to say. I'm sure most police officers have more than enough people to answer to. As a matter of fact, it's probably part of the problem.

Originally Posted By: Benito
You want to complain about your chief of police dancing like a monkey when being debriefed on a black woman's arrest?

Then be prepared to receive death threats.

And have the city taxpayers pay for the chief's early retirement with no sanction.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...ticle-1.2353552

Exactly how many posts are you going to have trying to put down the police? I seem to recall some others doing that. Okay, you dislike the police. Maybe if you needed a cop sometime you might have a different opinion.

Do the police ever do anything right in your worldview?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Cops answer to a lot of masters. If you don't know that then you should investigate it a bit.

If your only source of information is the media then you need to go outside and experience life.

There are small town cops who run towns like banana republics. You'd have to be crazy arrogant to act racist in this environment. Just shows you how untouchable they think they are. You guys should be outraged a good cop got death threats from his own coworkers. Instead you blame someone for posting a very concerning article.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Exactly how many posts are you going to have trying to put down the police? I seem to recall some others doing that. Okay, you dislike the police. Maybe if you needed a cop sometime you might have a different opinion.

Do the police ever do anything right in your worldview?

Ummm, I just posted about TWO GOOD cops and I'm concerned they're getting DEATH THREATS and may LOSE their JOBS.

Btw, you really are following me around and that's getting creepy.
crazy.gif

Especially since you told me to leave YOU alone which I did.
21.gif

Being a cop is like being in a cult or the mafia. These guys spend 100% of the time covering for each other.

That's what I hear from my cop acquaintances who are new to the force.

The old timers don't say that, they either have learned to keep their mouths shut, or have become an integral part of the system.

Trust me, I don't follow you around. I respect some posters a lot. Like Astro14, demarpaint, Trav, and others. And some posters do not impress me at all.

But I can post in a thread the same as anybody else. Even a post thread that is started by you.

Don't worry. You don't impress me very much at all and I will certainly not follow you. You have followed me around, often commenting in the past immediately after I had posted, which indicated to me you were following me. If I interest you that much, than I guess you can follow me around. I am glad I impress you so much.

Go ahead and follow me if you want. Maybe you will learn something.

But as far as following somebody around is concerned, I don't spend my life at a hundred different internet sites. I sometimes go several days and not post here at all. I do a lot of different things in my life. I might go ten days without posting here. Recently I went about a month without posting. I was doing a lot of things elsewhere in my life.

Anybody can check my profile and see how many posts I have had. I think I average about 1.7 posts a day. And that is over a period of 12 years. Occasionally I will post a lot, and sometimes not for quite a while. I don't worry about nonsense like that.

Last edited:
Go ahead and follow me if you want. Maybe you will learn something.

crackmeup2.gif

So the bleeding heart cop got his feelings hurt because the chief made fun of somebody. Why doesn't the cop just worry about himself and doing his own job. But OMG the chief made fun of somebody,boo hoo hoo I'm gonna cry,I'm 5 years old,I'm gonna tattle!!

Good lord!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
So the bleeding heart cop got his feelings hurt because the chief made fun of somebody. Why doesn't the cop just worry about himself and doing his own job. But OMG the chief made fun of somebody,boo hoo hoo I'm gonna cry,I'm 5 years old,I'm gonna tattle!!

Good lord!

+1

Good lord!

+1

I don't know what type of work environment you two are involved in, but under no circumstances would my company tolerate any type of racial remarks and comparisons like this. And this is law enforcement where everyone is supposed to be treated equally under the law? Disgusting.

Yep we just learnt what the person who claimed to have the solution to racism really thinks about such matters. Don't be offended when your chief of police does this:

Quote:
Stone said he began telling his boss about the woman's remarks, such as "When you look at me, my black skin and my nappy hair, all you see is an animal."

Hoover cut him off and said, "That's what she is," Stone wrote in the incident report.

Then, the chief started to "act like a monkey," placing his hands in his armpits and scratching them while making loud monkey sounds, Stone said.

Then you definitely wouldn't want to work in a mechanic shop. You wouldn't believe the language that goes on in those places haha. Surviving and prospering in the real world requires a thick skin. Can't go around getting your feelings hurt and being heart broken all the time. I worry about "me" and let others worry about themselves. I have too much on my plate to worry about other people's manners,lives,and opinions.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Good lord!

+1

I don't know what type of work environment you two are involved in, but under no circumstances would my company tolerate any type of racial remarks and comparisons like this. And this is law enforcement where everyone is supposed to be treated equally under the law? Disgusting.

+1

In my line of work, I expect some off-color remarks by the lower echelon, but even they would be reprimanded or worse if someone was offended. For those in a position of authority, this type of behavior is NEVER acceptable.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Good lord!

+1

+1

With my organization, he would be fired on the spot.

Then you definitely wouldn't want to work in a mechanic shop. You wouldn't believe the language that goes on in those places haha. Surviving and prospering in the real world requires a thick skin. Can't go around getting your feelings hurt and being heart broken all the time. I worry about "me" and let others worry about themselves. I have too much on my plate to worry about other people's manners,lives,and opinions.

LOL. It's great that you're prospering in a mechanic shop. I'm quite happy to prosper in other ways.

And yes, I've heard plenty of language in my time. If you think it's confined to mechanic shops you need to get out more.

The point about this case is that two officers were in a professional environment talking to the chief of police about a discrimination complaint and possible lawsuit from the member of the public whom they are there to protect and serve and the chief of police goes on a racist rant and dance about her.

They did the right thing and complained that their police chief is openly racist and therefore not fit to serve the community.

And these GOOD COPS get death threats and now could lose their jobs, while the Police Chief gets an early retirement and is supported by the city council.

Originally Posted By: Benito
Pull up your underoos,I don't work in a mechanic shop. Are you a male hairdresser? BUT you seem to have a problem with mechanics. Better make sure your mommy is holding your hand in case you ever encounter a mean grouchy mechanic in case he calls you a name that hurts your feelings.

100% ad hominem. Congratulations.

Now what if the case had been about religion instead of color. You'd feel the same way? Or would it be a case of religion under attack?

I honestly couldn't care less. Words are only words. If someone wants to make fun of my color or religion,hey,sticks and stones. I've got better things to worry about than if someone wants to make fun of me. That's their problem,not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back