PP 5w30, 9,995km, 2013 F150 EB, 60,653km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is the most recent UOA from my ecoboost F150. I have used PP since the truck was new, and done a UOA at every oil change so I now have a pretty good baseline with the PP. I have switched to M1 just for curiosities sake to see how it compares. I plan to stay in the 10,000km OCI range for now. As always I look forward to your comments/suggestions. Thanks.

13%20F150-092015-2_zpsrds4asia.jpg

I know you've posted the previous reports, but I don't remember if you mentioned which version of platinum you have been running. Are all of those the new GTL (pure plus) or did you have a stash of pre GTL platinum?

It looks great, regardless. I think you're oci's are similar to Blackstone's universal averages, if not a little higher. You are getting very good results considering the fuel dilution.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a stash of the old PP. I stocked up when it was on sale but it's all used up now.

Thank you for posting this report, this is one of several that have been posted for the 3.5 V6 EB engine that show it is doing quite well.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
Thank you for posting this report, this is one of several that have been posted for the 3.5 V6 EB engine that show it is doing quite well.

I see you're using 0W40 in your EB. Just curious as to reasoning. I'm not criticizing at all just curious. Sorry to hijack OP.

Originally Posted By: freshcopedawg

I see you're using 0W40 in your EB. Just curious as to reasoning. I'm not criticizing at all just curious. Sorry to hijack OP.

One thing that you will see in the EB UOA's is that the viscosity of oil (and it doesn't seem to matter which brand) gets thin, viscosity is often at a 5w-20 level. This doesn't seem to correlate to wear numbers, but using a slightly thicker (Castrol 0w-40 is more like a heavy 0w-30) and higher quality (predominantly group 4) oil just gives me a little extra piece of mind.

Originally Posted By: freshcopedawg

One thing that you will see in the EB UOA's is that the viscosity of oil (and it doesn't seem to matter which brand) gets thin, viscosity is often at a 5w-20 level. This doesn't seem to correlate to wear numbers, but using a slightly thicker (Castrol 0w-40 is more like a heavy 0w-30) and higher quality (predominantly group 4) oil just gives me a little extra piece of mind.

I hear ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back