Women's 'wiring'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The little darlings struggle so with my 100 foot driveway. The latest was a neighbor gal backed off into the bushes. The drive is straight and not too narrow, but in the 25 years we've been there it's a been 'interesting'-the Fedex gal smacked the mailbox and another gal got so far outta wack in the winter that it took a tow truck. 'The guys' (and some of the gals)just use the mirrors, and out we go. I'll leave map reading for another post/day!

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
lmao...................yes map reading is for another day....

LMAO. I just drove from Florida to Connecticut. Needed my wife to look at the map several times. She threw her hands in the air and gave up. Couldn't figure out how to look at a map. I had to navigate AND drive.

It's crazy on how many people freeze when they look at a map.
Spend the $79 and get a Garmin
I'm the last to buy all of that new [censored] as I'm just really tired of it.
But the basic GPS comes in real handy if you get lost.
Plus you don't have to get directions from an Amish farmer which could take days
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Plus you don't have to get directions from an Amish farmer which could take days
smile.gif

I love paper maps...I've tried the GPS Garmin gizmos...I don't much care for them. Too small and sometimes difficult to read for me. Nothing like a really nicely made, paper road map.
I'm getting old...what can I say!

Sexist jokes aside, I find it very interesting the differant way men and women think.

As I understand it, a mans better spatial sense dates back to our origines as Hunter Gatherers.

Women tend to be better organizers.

The Multi tasking thing is another matter, I never did get that.
Drives me mad
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg
smile.gif

I love paper maps...I've tried the GPS Garmin gizmos...I don't much care for them. Too small and sometimes difficult to read for me. Nothing like a really nicely made, paper road map.

I downloaded Navmii to our tablet, it's a free download and works off-line.
operates just like a Garmin or Tom Tom, with voice directions etc. But being a tablet, the screen is much bigger.

If my wife is asked to read a map, she keeps turning the bloody thing around, thenget Left and Right mixed up.
She never has any idea if we are travelling North, East, South or West instinctively.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: andrewg
smile.gif

I downloaded Navmii to our tablet, it's a free download and works off-line.
operates just like a Garmin or Tom Tom, with voice directions etc. But being a tablet, the screen is much bigger.

If my wife is asked to read a map, she keeps turning the bloody thing around, thenget Left and Right mixed up.
She never has any idea if we are travelling North, East, South or West instinctively.

Ha ha ha...that's funny. I've experienced the same thing with every woman I've ever been with. I think I'd choke if I ever saw a woman pick up a map and read it with authority.

Yep, I start giving directions with North, South, East and West and oilBabe looks at me like I was speaking Latin.

She starts talking about colors like Fuchsia and Mauve and I do the same
smile.gif

and
Originally Posted By: expat
Sexist jokes aside, I find it very interesting the differant way men and women think.

As I understand it, a mans better spatial sense dates back to our origines as Hunter Gatherers.

Women tend to be better organizers.

The Multi tasking thing is another matter, I never did get that.
Drives me mad
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
No Comment. HEHE

Oh wait. How do they get the seat belt so twisted up?

It's proportionately related to the part of their anatomy that is bothered by said seat belt.

I have an equation written down for it somewhere.

If you have a seat belt that is so twisted up, then you are a glass half empty person and forgetting what you have been blessed with. I'm glad to have helped you realize this and you should now look upon that twisted seat belt with a knowing smile.

We had a gal visit us for the first time from about 15 miles away with few turns thus fairly simple directions,but a couple highway choices. I asked her which route she took and she looked puzzled and finally said she had no idea as she just responded to 'the navigation voice' that told her how to go. In the old days, a gal would use familiar landmarks such as turning just past the Walmart or the purple house, ect. Street signs and Highway numbers seemed secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back