Scored some filters at RockAuto for my PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
You guys have been having too much fun with the "PSD" thing.

PSD = Powerstroke Diesel or depending on your point of view, it could also be Platinum Super Duty.
grin.gif

Maybe is should stand for "Purolator Surely Disallowed".
grin.gif

Cheap Shot Artist?

But I guess that would be CSA, not PSD.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

PSD = Powerstroke Diesel or depending on your point of view, it could also be Platinum Super Duty.
grin.gif

grin.gif

Cheap Shot Artist?

But I guess that would be CSA, not PSD.

grin.gif

grin.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
PSD could also mean Purolator Stress Disorder.
PSD is diagnosed when the person has a Purolator classic or Pureone on their car or truck and that filter was made after August 2013.
The symptoms of PSD are anxiety, restlessness, elevated heartbeat, and concerns over their filter tearing leading to major engine failure.
Treatment plan includes ativan to help with anxiety and getting a new oil filter put on their vehicle. A filter such has a Purolator Synthetic filter, Napa gold, Fram Ultra, Royal Purple will take care of this heightened state of stress.

Last edited:
Well, mine showed up, & they were wrong-looks like they fit the Cat 3126 engines, & one of them was damaged in shipping (dome dented). Four were the Wix/Affinias, & one was a Clarcor/Baldwin. Looks like their catalog wasn't right, not sure if they'll want them back or not.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Well, mine showed up, & they were wrong-looks like they fit the Cat 3126 engines, & one of them was damaged in shipping (dome dented). Four were the Wix/Affinias, & one was a Clarcor/Baldwin. Looks like their catalog wasn't right, not sure if they'll want them back or not.
The same ones I ordered or?

How do you get the shipping so cheap? When I go on Rock Auto, regardless of the brand it's always $3-$5 shipping for a filter, about $10 for 3 filters etc.

And that's shipped to the center of Phoenix!

No-ones to fit the older '99-'03 PSDs, looks like a catalog error, WIX 85791s.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
How do you get the shipping so cheap? When I go on Rock Auto, regardless of the brand it's always $3-$5 shipping for a filter, about $10 for 3 filters etc. And that's shipped to the center of Phoenix!
I think it is because the filters were shipped from Houston to Houston. I noticed the origin on the USPS Priority Mail link they sent to me (though I have not received them yet nor is the status updated--typical for the POS USPS).

No-ones to fit the older '99-'03 PSDs, looks like a catalog error, WIX 85791s.
Well, honestly a little disgusted with RA on this one-at least they're not making me send the incorrect filters back (one was damaged in shipment anyhow), but they're not crediting all of my shipping on them either. I was (stupid?) enough to order a small oil cooler gasket for my '89's oil cooler, so they only initially credited NINE CENTS of shipping on the filters (of almost $10), and even after a phone call, still would only credit $3 of the shipping. Anybody need some Carquest 85791 filters cheap?

Well, honestly a little disgusted with RA on this one-at least they're not making me send the incorrect filters back (one was damaged in shipment anyhow), but they're not crediting all of my shipping on them either. I was (stupid?) enough to order a small oil cooler gasket for my '89's oil cooler, so they only initially credited NINE CENTS of shipping on the filters (of almost $10), and even after a phone call, still would only credit $3 of the shipping. Anybody need some Carquest 85791 filters cheap?
I still have not received mine (they shipped via USPS priority mail and the tracking number has not updated). Hopefully, I fare a bit better--sorry to hear of your woes.

I still have not received mine (they shipped via USPS priority mail and the tracking number has not updated). Hopefully, I fare a bit better--sorry to hear of your woes.
Well, win some, lose some. At least they ripped me off on a $15 order, & not a $200-300 one. I personally would think twice about ordering from them again, though.

It's funny how we complain when we lose.
If we win we don't care somebody else got screwed.
Funny ain't it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
It's funny how we complain when we lose.
If we win we don't care somebody else got screwed.
Funny ain't it
smile.gif

???-I just was putting out a warning to anyone buying "closeout" from Rock Auto-if you get the wrong part (due to THEIR error), and/or it is shipping damaged due to their (or their 3rd party supplier) poor packaging-don't expect them to take care of you on it, because they WON'T! Have a look at Reseller Ratings-they have some of the WORST website ratings I've ever seen, averaging 1.4 out of 10. I'll be all right, I'm only out ~$10, there's customers on resellerratings out hundreds or more.

A sobering post.
I've had good experience with Rock as well as good customer service the one time they shipped me a bad part.
My experience may not be universal it seems.

I have no problem ordering parts, especially parts not carried by advance or better quality. But, i have had poor results ordering anything that's a closeout.

I am more than pleased with my RockAuto orders- Less than 60 bucks for 30 oil filters for the Yaris' - WIX USA Made Carquest 85394's - Hastings USA made LF410's from Federated Auto Parts....have always had good experiences from Rock. All the dates/date codes are from May 2014 & December 2014
2d9s2fc.jpg

Originally Posted By: yougoJAY
I am more than pleased with my RockAuto orders- Less than 60 bucks for 30 oil filters for the Yaris' - WIX USA Made Carquest 85394's - Hastings USA made LF410's from Federated Auto Parts....have always had good experiences from Rock. All the dates/date codes are from May 2014 & December 2014
2d9s2fc.jpg

What is that, a 10 or 12 year supply?

Originally Posted By: yougoJAY
2d9s2fc.jpg

Haha, true BITOGer at heart, have 300,000 miles worth of oil filters on hand because they were a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back