Hydrotex Hy Diamond 6Kp and corroded bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
I have a client that is corroding his bearings. The bearings are reportedly lubricated with Hydrotex Hy Diamond 6Kp using mist oiling. Is there anything about this fluid that is caustic? I suspect there are some caustic chemicals contaminating the lubrication area. I just want to make sure that Hydrotex Hy Diamond 6Kp hydraulic fluid isn't caustic itself.

That's sold as a "compressor fluid" not considered an industrial lubricant? Seems an odd choice of fluid for that duty.

Rand,
note that it's mist lubricated, a "mist" of oil is carried into the bearing through a stream of compressed air...it's not that strange a lube when looked at that way.

Kestas, is their air drying equipment up to scratch ?

No dead legs storing water ?

As usual, the information I'm getting is third-hand, and the final user is out-of-state. Both comments above are helpful. I'll give more information as available.

Hello,

I am the Hydrotex area manager for lower Michigan. I would like to speak with the person having the problem. Our staff is very capable of helping solve this problem, but we will need more info. Please contact me. [email protected] or by phone @ 616-902-0704. Thanks.

I finished my investigation and find the bearing failures are completely unrelated to the lubricant or corrosion. I couldn't get much information from the client because the bearing is used in a proprietary process. I do know it was used in a high-temperature application, which is likely the root cause for discoloration of the bearings. I appreciate ukeyowl for availing himself to help in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back