2015 Forbes 15 New Cars to Avoid at All Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www3.forbes.com/business/15-new-cars-to-avoid/

Quote:
We consulted J.D. Power for the latest results in the company’s initial quality and long-term reliability surveys and its scores for performance and design; rankings for resale value depreciation came from the automotive valuation experts at ALG. Finally, we weighed in with no less an expert source than Consumer Reports to check which models received particularly paltry scores for performance and overall value.

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized this was published last year, so not exactly fresh info, possibly discussed previously. Sorry.

That's the slowest page ever
It's all about having you hit the wrong button the see the Lexus lease nonsense.

With the exception of the Titan and the Cadillac XTS, I would not even consider touching the other 13 cars.

I don't think much of Chrysler products, some of those econo-boxes look dreadful, Lincolns are ugly, and BMWs are overpriced money pits.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
It's all about having you hit the wrong button the see the Lexus lease nonsense.

I HATE pages like that one!

Originally Posted By: BTW
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

I HATE pages like that one!

Are you guys talking about the Forbes page? It loads very fast for me. Make sure you're running decent ad blocker in your browser.

Some of those make me scratch my head.

The Jeep Wrangler is one of them. They note Consumer Reports indicating it's a poor overall value while every other automotive publication indicates the Wrangler has the highest resale value in its class and Edmunds & KBB say it's the lowest TCO over 5 years.

Article is total click bait.

Originally Posted By: zuluplus30

The Jeep Wrangler is one of them. They note Consumer Reports indicating it's a poor overall value while every other automotive publication indicates the Wrangler has the highest resale value in its class and Edmunds & KBB say it's the lowest TCO over 5 years.

I always loved the Consumer Reports "test" of the Corvette from many years ago.

Cramped seating position
Harsh ride
Noisy
Poor fuel economy
Adequate acceleration.

They intentionally missed the point and said very little in the way of positive comments. I strongly suspect the test crew had a blast with the car. But, they have to be politically correct. Hence the absurd review.

These best/worst articles are areal joke...example they slam the Smart car for: tiny, two-passenger cabin,

W-T-F do they expect??

Last edited:
They'd recommend a nice fit and finish car that leaves you on the side of the road twice a year over an econobox that delivers 250K of carefree miles.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
They'd recommend a nice fit and finish car that leaves you on the side of the road twice a year over an econobox that delivers 250K of carefree miles.

That's "automotive journalists" for you.

I spend my money on what I think is the best fit for me, not what some stupid magazine tries to tell me is best.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

That's "automotive journalists" for you.

Exactly many of these folks are bribed with nice trips to fancy locations where they can drive the cars and are given complimentary meals and lodging as well. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

I agree with the owners of the Mitsu Mirage and the sales volumes agree, many folks want a basic, simple, durable, inexpensive, vehicle that gets good MPGs, and has good quality. Period.

Last edited:
All but two (smart and iq) have a purpose to someone...

It's all about what you like.

Pretty much every car on that list...I know a person who likes it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back